A ride to The Crichton, Dumfries

Stew

Did a great route this afternoon, with a few new wee roads I hadn't ridden before. The weather was kind, around 7c and sunny, with the roads mainly drying, with wet or damp under trees.

I had great intentions. Strapped the gopro on, set up a new route app on the phone (Rever)  , then set up a mic in the helmet into the phone with a voice recorder app. All determined to absolutely have a day without exceeding the speed limit once (since I would be filming it of course)
I managed about 12 miles before I broke and rode 'normally' , but it was great fun. Got worried a couple of times when I saw a wee orange light flashing when accelerating really hard, but then realised it was the TCS light, woops)

Stopped off for cake of course at Abbey Cottage Tearoom then on to a beautiful place on the outskirts of Dumfries called The Crichton.

As I was looking for somewhere to park up and take photo's, I spotted a couple of lads with bows. So I went to have a wee chat with them, and they were right friendly lads, having a great time shooting, but with not very much idea of what they were doing. So I ended up spending about 30 minutes with them talking them through some bits, explaining some things, and hopefully we'll hook up at some point and I'll take them out to do some shooting in the woods (Archery is my thing, if you haven't already, check my youtube channel, it is not your techno blingy 'youtuber' usual garbage, just me having a laugh with my bows :)  https://www.youtube.com/c/hutchie2112

Anyway, another grand day out on the Tracer.

Not many photo's today, but I have about an hour of gopro footage that I might edit together at some point.

20201030_154709.jpg

20201030_154740.jpg

20201030_155003.jpg

20201030_155413.jpg

20201030_155625.jpg

20201030_162258.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Forgot. When I went into the wee tearoom, proper old fashioned quaint tearoom, the ladies serving told the other customers I was the Stig off the tv car programme :)
A couple of old ladies were almost swooning , hahahaha, I might have to go back , and take a spare helmet, I mean, everybody loves a rich widow, am I right?

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1