Hello from Pennsylvania, USA

Yamagun

Hello,  Found a good deal and picked up my 2020 Tracer gt today.  Road it home about 1.5 hours in 30-35°f temps this morning.  Heated grips are great!  Windscreen not so good!

I was originally only looking for 1000 and 1200 cc bikes.  Really glad looked into this one.  I'm 6'2" and 245lb.  This handles amazing and is very comfortable (other than the wind buffeting at 80mph).  Probably will need to also get a quieter helmet in the near future.

Be Safe!

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yamagun said:

other than the wind buffeting at 80mph

Welcome to the forum, Had similar experience when I brought my bike back from the dealer. first 100 miles was nice ,then I reached the motorway and thought "Shit Iv'e made a mistake" as the noise became unbearable and my head was getting battered about. It took a Puig touring screen to fix it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, peteinpa said:

Welcome!  I'm in PA also. I used to ride when it's that cold, the older I get the warmer it has to be. For the noise, Do you use earplugs?

Thanks!  Before this bike, it's been about 5 years since riding.  Forgot the ear plugs!  Will not make that mistake again!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HGP61 said:

Welcome to the forum, Had similar experience when I brought my bike back from the dealer. first 100 miles was nice ,then I reached the motorway and thought "Shit Iv'e made a mistake" as the noise became unbearable and my head was getting battered about. It took a Puig touring screen to fix it.

Thank you! Yes will be buying bigger screen very soon!!

• Thumbsup 1

8 hours ago, HGP61 said:

Thank you!  I'm glad I researched this issue before getting the bike!  I will definitely look into the Puig screens!

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Welcome the forum @Yamagun I live just down the Delaware River from you, at least for the next couple of weeks. We are lucky to have great roads to enjoy the Tracer on. I'm the same height as you and have been running the MRA Variotouringscreen and it still leaves a lot to be desired, but defiantly better than stock.  

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

3 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

Welcome the forum @Yamagun I live just down the Delaware River from you, at least for the next couple of weeks. We are lucky to have great roads to enjoy the Tracer on. I'm the same height as you and have been running the MRA Variotouringscreen and it still leaves a lot to be desired, but defiantly better than stock.  

Thanks Buddy,. Yes some nice roads and scenery in our area.  Truly blessed!

• Thumbsup 1

Welcome to the forum and to your new ride. Love the Gene Wilder photo. I'm the new owner of a 900 and have been modifying it extensively for my taller frame. I'm 6'2 and about 210 with gear. Just changed my fork springs and fork oil, fender extender, mirror extenders, windscreen, added heated grips into OEM menu, and new front tire to Road 5. Next on the list is radiator guard, sump guard, some form of engine case protection, and aux lights. 

One of the main reasons I went to look at the Tracer was the fact that 3,456,564,211,567,979,098 people own one and you can A. get parts readily and forever, and B. this forum and online videos help you do absolutely anything you need to do on your bike. I pulled trigger because of the engine. I came from two big fasties in the FJR and Connie, but find the 900 is smoother down low, far more nimble, more upright and comfortable, and plenty fast and stable as speed. Just checks all my local riding and distance touring boxes. 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

Thanks for the welcome!  I was initially torn between this and the Versys 1000.  Ultimately I found the Tracer to be a far better deal and it feels more nimble and just a better fit for me.  In my opinion the Tracer feels sportier and less top heavy than the Versys.   I've read tons of glowing reviews about this engine similar to your account and watched a YouTuber called Motojitsu even taking this bike on a racetrack.  You're right about the aftermarket support for this bike! I love that and have started my list from suggestions on this forum.  Probably will start with the Madstad windshield.

I'm going to try and dial in the shocks over the coming weeks.  I'm about 250lb but may look into stronger spring when it's time to change my tires.  

Thanks again!

• Thumbsup 1