Are this true?

2and3cylinders

• Premium Member

At least about the 15 ~ 18 FJ-09?

I was re-reading this review to distract me between innumerable bathroom visits after I took the bowel cleanser for my colonoscopy later today (thought I'd share), and it struck me that it may not be true that all 3 of the following 3 features were actually incorporated in the FJ-09, as I'd never confirmed or felt (noted experiencing) these features functioning in my over 40k miles of ownership?

2015-Yamaha-FJ-09a-small.jpg

Full 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 review with photos, features and specifications at...

Unified Brake System is combined with the ABS system. When the front brake is activated, an electronic control applies some rear wheel braking force as well. The amount of rear braking force is dependent upon how hard the front brake has been applied, unit speed and the amount of load on the unit. If the rear brake is applied prior to the front brake, it cancels the unified braking system temporarily (until the brakes have been released)

Excessive lean angle sensor will shut down the engine in the event the bike is lying on its side to prevent engine damage.

Estimated travel range (based on remaining fuel)*

*As per below

"All new, multi-function meter assembly. Left side features digital tach and speedo, plus fuel gauge, clock and status indicators for traction control, D-modes, and Eco System. The right side utilizes a DOT Matrix LCD display, which includes odometer, dual trip meters, outside air temp, coolant temp, instant & average fuel consumption, estimated travel range (based on remaining fuel), time trip and low fuel trip meter. Other functions include grip heater status (grip heaters are optional) and gear position indicator. All functions are controlled by buttons on the L.H.S. switch gear. There are also a full range of warning and indicator lights as well. The ECO indicator is a light that indicates the bike is being ridden in a manner that conserves fuel. Background illumination is adjustable."

Well? Inquiring minds need to know?

• Supporting Member

Estimated range?  Dang, don't recall seeing that in the menu.

*hits the owners manual*

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Stew said:

I DEMAND my estimated travel range , where has it been hidden ?
Enquiring minds need to know.

+1 but that's a little strong Stew...

Shut In Syndrome?  We had 25F degrees this AM, [removed political comment]  Think we're under a little stress?

Check out the weather we're going to have here this week!  60076

But I'm in the waiting room for my colonoscopy, and on Wednesday I'm getting it front and back for the 2nd time in 3 weeks from my Urologist, then a cervical MRI where you wear a neck lock the same day.  So I hope I'm in shape to ride Thursday!

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 1

Hope it goes well.

No shut in syndrome here , I've been out on the bike almost every day for the past fortnight. And unless it snows or drops below freezing, I will continue to go out and ride my bike almost every day :)

• Thumbsup 1

37 minutes ago, peteinpa said:

Should be able to get out and ride, won't have to stop and use the bathroom.🤣

I may be wrong, range to empty was on my ST1300. Old habits, I did ride that thing for 12 years.

Both Honda and Yamaha do this - only difference is Honda counts down and Yamaha counts up after you go on “reserve”.  In both cases it’s just a matter of maintaining your best economical riding at that point and theoretically make it to the next fuel stop.  

2 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

+1 but that's a little strong Stew...

Shut In Syndrome?  We had 25F degrees this AM, [removed political comment] Think we're under a little stress?

Check out the weather we're going to have here this week!  60076

But I'm in the waiting room for my colonoscopy, and on Wednesday I'm getting it front and back for the 2nd time in 3 weeks from my Urologist, then a cervical MRI where you wear a neck lock the same day.  So I hope I'm in shape to ride Thursday!

[removed political comment]

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, koth442 said:

This isn't Fireside chat, I'm removing the references to politics in this thread. It's a sensitive issue right now, more than usual so I'm preemptively modifying posts. 

No issues I understand but it was directed at our offshore brothers, who while they ALL know the political reality here, can also understand the extreme stress we're under this week!

• Thumbsup 2