FJ-09 shad top rack + hard case $441

I've also been looking at the shad 48 but the mounting kit seems to be very delayed , not sure where else to check ? 
Availability:: Pre-orders only. Delivery May 16th
Product Code: Y0MT95ST

Wow, due to the overwhelming amount of responses, decided to take a chance on fitting it to the yahama rack ,thanks

I've also been looking at the shad 48 but the mounting kit seems to be very delayed , not sure where else to check ? 
Availability:: Pre-orders only. Delivery May 16th
Product Code: Y0MT95ST
Wow, due to the overwhelming amount of responses, decided to take a chance on fitting it to the yahama rack ,thanks

It all worked out used the shad universal plate , just had to modify the front and rear holes

• 4 weeks later...
It all worked out used the shad universal plate , just had to modify the front and rear holes
Thinking about the SH48 but I like that the Yamaha rack sits lower than the Shad rack. What modifications were necessary to get the SH48 to mount to the OEM rack?

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Thinking about the SH48 but I like that the Yamaha rack sits lower than the Shad rack. What modifications were necessary to get the SH48 to mount to the OEM rack?

Hello, I followed the steps of the OP here.

http://fj-09.org/thread/1132/yamaha-rear-rack-shad-sh45

My only difference was the choice of holes I had to make for the shad48 mounting plate.

If you need pictures let me know I'll try to get them to you currently my bikes in the shop for the 600 mile service

thanks and have a great day

Thanks mpraznik, don't know how I missed that thread.

It doesn't look like the OP of that thread had to drill anything? You decided to drill different holes? Also, do you know if you can use the SHAD side case mounts with the OEM rear rack?

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Thanks mpraznik, don't know how I missed that thread. 
It doesn't look like the OP of that thread had to drill anything? You decided to drill different holes? Also, do you know if you can use the SHAD side case mounts with the OEM rear rack?

Hello, yes the holes of the shad 48 top plate didn't line up 100% to the yahama rack , which is fine , just need to drill ones to match the rack.

Archived