A wee ride in honour of my English chums in lockdown

Stew

I've tried to include a wee map with directions, but it may not work.
Some lovely roads today, very quiet. On the ride from St Johns Dalry to Moniave I saw 2 cars.
Weather was absolutely perfect to be out on a bike, warm 50f , dry and with clear blue skies. The roads themselves were a mix of fully dry, damp and wet, with lots of leaves and tractor mud to add to the fun. B mode was used quite a bit.

Some photographs, but they don't do it justice. It's impossible to take a photograph of fresh air and warmth.

20201105_140412.jpg

20201105_140459.jpg

20201105_140543.jpg

20201105_141349.jpg

20201105_145656.jpg

20201105_151902.jpg

20201105_151916.jpg

20201105_151945.jpg

20201105_152431.jpg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Thanks 3

The wee map worked, love that A702 Dalveen pass road. Seemingly the air all over Scotland today came from the Caribbean that's why it was lovely and warm. (well warm for November here) Love the pics and am only a wee bit jealous.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HGP61 said:

The wee map worked, love that A702 Dalveen pass road. Seemingly the air all over Scotland today came from the Caribbean that's why it was lovely and warm. (well warm for November here) Love the pics and am only a wee bit jealous.

Cool, I'm glad it worked. I have it on this rever app , all tracked, but I cant be bothered to figure out how to something something the somethings gpx something

Anyway, it was a cracking day to be out on the bike, although I've a wee touch of cold seepage now, you know that way that when you stop you start to feel it :)

I was going to go via wanlockhead, but I only had my dark visor with me, and time was getting on, and it's a bit of a police magnet at night :)

24 minutes ago, Stew said:

Oh, and the bike is filthy again. I knew washing it was a total waste of time and energy

Never a waste of time, it lets you get to know your bike and potentially lets you discover minor issues before they become big problems. You make sure you wash and polish it before you go out tomorrow it deserves the clean with the miles you've been doing recently.

• Thumbsup 1

Polish? What, like Mister Sheen?

I bought bike shampoo and used it yesterday, Monkey something or other. The bike was stinking after using it, I was affronted :)

It is banana scented, I mean really, who wants a bike that smells of banana.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Stew said:

It is banana scented, I mean really, who wants a bike that smells of banana

Quick spray it with some ACF50 or some WD40 and mask the sour banana with the lovely scent of oil.

• 3 weeks later...