Acrapovich v standard

• Supporting Member
On 11/6/2020 at 8:48 AM, betoney said:

(Of no value to the question asked) - The Akrapovic exhaust is about the same price as a top spec rear shock. 😎

giphy.gif

I'm sorry @betoney, but all I got out of your post was that Jennifer Aniston is, and has always been, H...O....T! 🤪😉

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just a thought, if you want more sound...how about using a clothespin and playing card to touch the spokes on the wheel like we did when we were kids?  Cost...very low.  And it used to make us feel really good.  ;)

And I totally agree with dazzler24.  This thread was totally worth looking at, just for her.

Chris

• Thumbsup 1

Its a matter of personal opinion. If you want the exhaust go for it... I bought a second hand akropovic. No complaints. Adds a good rumble, but also not too loud as to piss off the neighbors. IMO the "can" on the Akro looks better than OEM, but I prefer the OEM headers. Just a minor matter of opinion.

I will say that you will see more benefit from the ECU flash than you will from the exhaust so I would recommend having the ECU done regardless.

• Thumbsup 2

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

21 hours ago, koth442 said:

I've got a full Akro. I would prefer a different brand or preferred spending the money on suspension. 

The Yoshimura seems nice... If you're after performance, I think the Graves has posted the best dyno numbers.

• Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

On 11/7/2020 at 9:36 AM, Michiel900GT said:

I don't know how things are in the US, but here in the EU things are getting out of hand: roads being closed for motorcyclist, political talks of getting the decibel limit to 95 and later on to 80 (that is when stationary!) etc, just because of the nuisance of loud bikes.

What should be done instead is enforcing the law. We have already strict laws regarding the level of noise from bikes, but the chance of getting fined when one breaks that law are very small. 

The problem is that a relatively small group of bikers is causing problems for other bikers by installing illegal pipes. 

So unless an aftermarket pipe isn't louder than the original I would really urge people not to install anything other than the original.

Luckily here if the cops stop you they are only interested in 2 things: do you have a licence and does the bike have a plate.

My plate is waaaaaay too small to be legal but if I am stopped, taking my helmet off and having my licence in hand together with "good morning officer" has avoided any fines so far.

• Thumbsup 2

On 11/5/2020 at 3:35 PM, mellow said:

Love my Akra exhaust.  It's only a little louder than the oem, so much so I'd say it's not really that big of a deal, until you really get on the bike but even then it's a nice sound, not an obnoxious one.  No ecu flash required.

It least it wouldn't be like my ST.  A little old lady in Oklahoma told me she loved my bike because it was so quiet.  When I got home, I called Joe in Florida and bought a set of Staintunes.

On 11/5/2020 at 2:07 PM, HGP61 said:

Not something I would do but if it floats your boat go for it. My riding buddy fitted a Black Widow exhaust on to his GT. It looked good and sounded lovely. The sena intercom we used would pick up the sound as he accelerated and pass it on to us when we were out together. But, after a few weeks He felt the wee bit extra noise was starting to grate a bit and he reverted back to standard and sold on the Black Widow.

I had the same experience with the Black Widow.  When the bike is WFO the sound is great.  But when touring down an interstate, the moan begins to grate on the ears.  I sold mine to a fellow in CawliFornia and reverted to stock.  Mine has the Ivan flash, and there's no discernible diff in performance.  Planning some long rides in 2021, so my ears can rest.

• Thumbsup 1

El Chepo here.... anyone remove and modify our ori baffle/db sound killer, assuming there is one in there. maybe cut it shorter etc. just to sound a bit that louder as no intention or should i say, no huge budget for a full/half system. my reason is for going in-between cars, rather than horn , wanna let them know am coming inbetween the cars. 

• Supporting Member
45 minutes ago, WKE002 said:

El Chepo here.... anyone remove and modify our ori baffle/db sound killer, assuming there is one in there. maybe cut it shorter etc. just to sound a bit that louder as no intention or should i say, no huge budget for a full/half system. my reason is for going in-between cars, rather than horn , wanna let them know am coming inbetween the cars. 

• Thanks 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2020 at 2:46 PM, Blue Wheels said:

I had the same experience with the Black Widow.  When the bike is WFO the sound is great.  But when touring down an interstate, the moan begins to grate on the ears.  I sold mine to a fellow in CawliFornia and reverted to stock.  Mine has the Ivan flash, and there's no discernible diff in performance.  Planning some long rides in 2021, so my ears can rest.

Ivan built his flash for the Tracer on a  bike running a full Akro pipe........

I’ve got the titanium Akra system on mine. I modified the baffle for slightly more sound with three ten millimetre holes in the side of the tubes. Nice and throaty with out being obnoxious. Dyno‘d at old work at 122hp. Happy days and enough to keep my out of trouble and get me in some! 

• Thumbsup 1