FJ-09 lowest OTD price thread. Dealers hate this thread lol

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nothing great, but $10,440 + title, license, and taxes. $11,558 out the door. Being the first one sold, I didn't try to work them over. Had another quote which was just $50 more. As typically they wanted to add a Dealer prep and shipping and another one I can't remember what they called it that would have added 565 at one and 734 at the other.

They let me put on my credit card which I will get a 1% credit $116 on my next handgun.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

$9,200 OTD for the bike.

But, I added FJR bags and locks, bag mounts, the lower seat, heated grips, a second DC outlet, and the factory 5 year warranty, for a total of $11,700 before taxes and tags.

Unlimited Cycle in Tyrone, PA

Ok, post your FJ-09 Out the door price that you paid or can get it for in this thread. If ya find a great deal, post it here!
You mean OTD before sales taxes, right? Including taxes makes no sense because it varies so much. 
Anyway, I paid Cdn $11,000 OTD before sales tax. With the current Cdn -> US exchange rate, that's equivalent to US $9,350. FYI, our sales tax in ON, Canada is
13 %. :-(

I also got a couple of accessories at 13 % off, equivalent of no sales tax.
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

I paid OTD (includes all taxes and fees) $5868................this is after trade-in of 2006 Vmax. By the way, in my county in Texas here's a list of taxes and fees everyone pays: Inventory tax, Inspection sticker, Vehicle tax, Sales tax, Doc Fees and License Fees.

OTD price = Price of motorcycle, dealer prep, dealer charges and any other tacked on dealer expenses. OTD does not include license, title and associated fees, taxes, any accessories added to the bike like heated grips, side bags, etc., This is if we want to compare the base price of the FJ-09. Now it would be nice if the other costs were included for general information.

Here is a little Zen when it comes to buying a motorcycle. Don't feel bad about what you paid. The fun and experience you gain from riding will more than enough make you feel good about the motorcycle. We don't all have the bargaining skills to work the dealer down, and not all dealers are willing to work with you on lowering the price. You should feel good about the deal or you shouldn't make it. You don't want to start out on a bad note. Knowing that you could have done better is useful for future dealings, not the one you made, so feel good about the deal you made and get the good feelings from riding the motorcycle.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Yep. I saved $1,300 on just the bike since local ones wanted full MSRP. I could have saved maybe $200 more by going a little further, but that was not worth it since I had to have someone willing to drive out with me. My girlfriend was willing to go to PA, since we could stop at Penn State for4 lunch and a picture by the Nittany Lion statue, but would not have been as willing to go to WV, and especially since it would have been another hour each way.. or more like two more on the return with all the frequent stops to warm up my hands.

My local dealer in the great white north said $9,949.00, and 15% off all accessories.  

MI has a 6% tax = $596.94, so $10,545.94 and the plate is another $30.  I don't want to admit what I will spend on the accessories. :o

Thanks for the tip XCSP, pulled the trigger on the FJR bags with liners last night!  http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GENUINE-OEM-NOS-YAMAHA-FJR1300-SADDLEBAG-KIT-RED-2D2-SDBAG-00-48-1460C-/111575359240?viewitem=&vxp=mtr&item=111575359240&nma=true&si=vSRzoU9Fid2hxPUaGqZeSjUyNn4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

imgSoldCvi_96x96.png

Archived