FJ-09 lowest OTD price thread. Dealers hate this thread lol

When I bought my bike, I emailed 5 dealers near where I live, and told them I intended to buy an FJ-09, matte grey, with factory hard cases, heated grips, and a OEM rear rack.  What is your out-the-door price, including tax, license, and any additional fees?

Then, wait for them to reply and make your decision accordingly.  That's what I did, and I ended up paying something like $11,400, all inclusive, out the door, with the options listed above.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Never worry over what someone else pays, I was prepared to pay full boat and not bat an eye. Keep in mind that mine does not include taxes since I bought in Ga. and live in Tn., so add about 700 to the final price. We need to hook up around Deals Gap and ride the Skyway a time or two when it warms up, I'm in Chattanooga. If I wasn't paying cash, I would have received no discount at all. You can worry yourself to death over a couple hundred dollars and life is too short for that."

For sure we can do some rides when the weather warms up - if it warms up.

I should be picking my FJ up on Saturday, my final price as worked out with my salesperson is $10,049 including TTT, freight and setup. Plus $500 for YES.

EDIT:  I should probably add that my strategy was this:

Cruise Cycletrader for cheapest dealers.  Email those dealers for the OTD price.  Take those emails into your local dealer and ask to match.

That simple.  And yes, my local dealer (Georgia) is matching a dealer in Indiana.
'15 FJ-09
Red is the fastest color!

Prototype Parabellum screens
Shogun sliders
SC seats
Radiator screen

I should be picking my FJ up on Saturday, my final price as worked out with my salesperson is $10,049 including TTT, freight and setup. Plus $500 for YES.
Congrats on the new bike!
TTT? If that is sales tax, then the $10,049 is meaningless to anyone outside your state. Make it easy for everyone, subtract the tax from your total.

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

Cruise Cycletrader for cheapest dealers.  Email those dealers for the OTD price.  Take those emails into your local dealer and ask to match.

That simple.  And yes, my local dealer (Georgia) is matching a dealer in Indiana.
Gregman, you don't have to remove it if we also know what you pay for sales tax.  That helps us figure it out.  Thanks everyone for the info. 

Must be Westfield that they are matching. I live in northern Indiana. Dealers up here hate them. They pretty much write you off if you mention them. They certainly won't match their price. Westfield usually runs at least 10% cheaper than the next closest in my area. Dealers up here won't even sell their leftovers for as low as Westfield is selling current bikes. One dealer still has a 2013 V Strom he's trying to get MSRP for. Has anyone had experience actually buying from them? Westfield claims they are that low because they'd rather make their money selling 100 of a model per year instead of 1 or 2. A local dealer claimed their price would go up if I try to buy from them when I ask if they would price match and to go ahead and make the drive if I wanted to save the money.. Granted, Westfield does charge a $500 freight charge and a $98 document fee on all their bikes. The sticker on the FJ is something like $8899 but OTD w/ 7% tax is closer to $10,100. Still much better than anything in my area. I'm just wondering if it's worth buying from a dealer that's 2 hours away that my local dealers hate. Whats going to happen when I need service?

The atlanta area motorcycle shops are being bought by MountainMotorsports and they give the same price from all of the locations. They have bought 6 locations in the area and trying to monopolize the motorcycle market in the area, and set their own prices locally. If you know of another place close to Atlanta to get a good deal with the heated grips please share it with me, because I would like to add an FJ09 to my garage. I don't mind going a little ways out. Let me know who and where.
Thanks

Okeedokee, gonna clarify a few things here.

Tax here is 7%, so minus tax, tag and title, my OTD is about $9,300.

The dealer did indeed match Westfield Yamaha.

Barender, having dealt with four separate Mountain Motorsports dealers here, I will tell you this: keep asking for different salespeople until you get a good one, or ask for the sales manager. I'm buying mine from Josh at the Lawrenceville location, who was very knowledgeable and went out of his way to work with me on pricing and delivery options.
'15 FJ-09

Shogun sliders
SC seats
Radiator screen

Gregman,
So, how much did they hit you for in tax,title,tag, setup, and all total since our taxes would be the same? The internet guy for Mountain Motorsports added in over a thousand bucks in dealer prep, freight, and title/tax fees.Also, did you get the heated grip?
Thanks,
Barender

Gregman, So, how much did they hit you for in tax,title,tag, setup, and all total since our taxes would be the same? The internet guy for Mountain Motorsports added in over a thousand bucks in dealer prep, freight, and title/tax fees.Also, did you get the heated grip?
Thanks,
Barender
I did not include the heated grips yet, I will pay cash for all my accessories when my boat sells in spring.  They originally tried to get me for $9126, plus $800 for "setup and freight" (which is something I've never paid, should be included in the price of the bike), plus $700 ish for TTT.  In the end, my deal is $10,049 for the bike, whatever fees they feel like putting in, tax, tag and title transfer.  I feel really good about the deal, and will take my money back to them to buy my grips, bags, mounts and top rack when the boat sells.
'15 FJ-09

Shogun sliders
SC seats
Radiator screen

• Premium Member
I did a little calling around to dealers as far away as Shawnee, and their OTD price was $600 less than Maxeys in OKC. Called Maxey and gave them a shot at it , and they quoted even less than that. $10100 vs. $9890. The difference is riding 50 miles vs. 10 miles for service. I pulled the trigger and got home just before the blizzard. It's supposed to be 65 tomorrow. Hell, this is Oklahoma, we don't even pay extra for it!

OTD price = Price of motorcycle, dealer prep, dealer charges and any other tacked on dealer expenses. OTD does not include license, title and associated fees, taxes, any accessories added to the bike like heated grips, side bags, etc., This is if we want to compare the base price of the FJ-09.
Well, the tag on the floor said $11,400 and some change. This is M-ville Cycle Center in PA. This is with the hardware for the saddle bags/bags themselves, big windscreen, heated grips, accessory plug, (is center stand standard?), think thats about it. After shipping/crate/whatever the hell fee, taxes in PA, other paper work shet it comes out to $13k and change. Are you people posting prices with NOTHING on the bike then? Out the door doesnt sound like as useful of a term as I thought if it does not include total money spent to drive the damn thing home... out the door...

What sort of terms are you people seeing for financing? They only got ahold of Yamaha late in the day and that was at 8.99%. Which does not seem good to me. Waiting to hear back from them on other places they deal with.

10998 Today OTD, Steadmans, Tooele UT this was his FIRST offer to me... I knew a good offer and they put their best foot forward.. I did not haggle. It was a fair deal on a 2015

Hello My Handle is CDog... I am former FJR1300 I got to test ride this bike too!!!!

I came back and said wow.. I want that bike...

Herriman Utah... if we have a support group for riders.. I will be happy to cover northern utah.. leadership feel free to message me.. I did this for FJR community for years

• 2 weeks later...
Paid $10,200 plus $400 freight and set-up and taxes. All in $12,099. CAD. That's around $9485 USD. My brother picked up one as well, same price, figured we better do it soon as the Canadian dollar is low now and the fj pricing was from from late 2014-early 2015 when our dollar was stronger. Not sure how much longer the price will stay that low. 

am i getting ripped.. from Quebec Canada.. bike MSRP is 10999.. I added Saddle bags, Rear Rack, Heated Grips,Frame sliders, LED turn signals, Center stand and With Prep and taxes, comes to $15985.

If i buy before end of March, I get and extra year warranty as a Yamaha promotion. Still undecided Between F800R and Fj-09.
FYI , our Tax rate is 14.95%
Insurance cost on the F800R is double compared to Fj-09.

After Market exhaust is a extra 1500$ included with download.

Archived