FJ-09 lowest OTD price thread. Dealers hate this thread lol

I know slightly late to the party but I have a dealer here in Maryland who quoted me $7,499 as a base sales price. OTD price is $9,183 after all fees and tax/tags/title. I was looking through this thread and it seemed like some of the people who bought 2015 models in January of 2017 got some pretty good deals. If I remove all of the dealership fees I am at an OTD price of $8350ish.  
I know it is always possible to get a lower price depending on how much the dealer wants to sell but is a 2016 FJ-09 at $8350 OTD a reasonable price for a bike that has beeen sitting at the dealership for almost a year and a half?

Thanks.
That's my experience last week picking up a '15, almost to the dollar, PNW market.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just bought a "new" 2016 FJ09 with 1.4 miles on it for $7999.00 In Oregon. I could not pass it up!. Very nice machine indeed1

Everything is simple, Nothing is easy

Just bought a "new" 2016 FJ09 with 1.4 miles on it for $7999.00 In Oregon. I could not pass it up!. Very nice machine indeed1
And I also just bought a "new" 2016 FJ-09 for $7999 in Oregon last night! Did you perhaps buy the other one that they had at Power in Sublimity?  ;)

And I also just bought a "new" 2016 FJ-09 for $7999 in Oregon last night! Did you perhaps buy the other one that they had at Power in Sublimity?  wink.pngYes, yes I did!  yours had about 50 miles in it, right? 

Everything is simple, Nothing is easy

• Supporting Member
Did you perhaps buy the other one that they had at Power in Sublimity?  wink.png
Its funny that you mention Sublimity, I almost drove down South from Olympia to buy from them.  They had the lowest prices and several models in stock but their location is almost a 7 hour round-trip drive. My local dealer (10 minutes away) ended up working with me on price after I showed them the prices at Sublimity.
Glad you guys were able to score a great bike at a great price.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi all... just signed up for this forum as a prospective new FJ-09 owner. My local dealership has a 2017 FJ-09 with a reduced sticker price of $8,999 since it's old stock. I went to the dealership to try to pickup the bike for that price plus local sales tax (as a cash purchase) and they weren't having it...at all. That would have been about $9750 total OTD. They came back with just over $11k OTD. After some negotiations I increased my max price to $9999, but they still weren't having it so I got up and headed for the door. On my way out they stopped me and countered with $10,200 USD to which I said no thanks, then left.

After reading this thread, I feel like my max price of $9999 is even a bit too high for a year old model... but they wanted to haggle over 200 bucks! (rofl) What do you guys think?

Since there is no 2018 model in the US I'm not really sure how the price points compare to a 2015 or 2016. If you travel a bit, I'm sure you can find the FJ's nice and cheap. Cycle Trader is a great resource. Definitely helps with negotiating too!

'15 FJ09

I really dislike dealers that dont list the "fees" or do the bait switch with low advertised price then over inflated Prep and delivery fees.

I am looking for a FJ and a place in Seattle has some 16s for 7990, when I call to ask about a out the door price I was told "We dont give OTD prices on the phone" after explaining it was a 300 mile one way trip for me I got an estimated $1100 in "fees"

This is why dealers have a bad name.

Good point koth442... I called the dealership back and told them I was now looking at going to an out of state dealership that has a 2016 FJ-09 for $7999 if they still didn't want to sell me the bike for my price. They ended up coming down to meet me at my OTD price of $10,000 for a white 2017 model (all taxes & fees included). I'm super happy with it and feel that I got a good deal. With 20 miles on her already, I love it! Looks like I'll be sticking around on this forum for quite some time now...

River Rat Motorsports in Lake Havasu AZ still has that 2016 grey/blue for sale though!

I really dislike dealers that dont list the "fees" or do the bait switch with low advertised price then over inflated Prep and delivery fees. 
I am looking for a FJ and a place in Seattle has some 16s for 7990, when I call to ask about a out the door price I was told "We dont give OTD prices on the phone" after explaining it was a 300 mile one way trip for me I got an estimated $1100 in "fees"

This is why dealers have a bad name.

Totally agree groverdill. It's always a hassle. Check this bike out in Lake Havasu AZ. I called them yesterday and talked to Chris. He was very nice and willing to give me an OTD quote of roughly $8650 for that bike (excluding sales tax of course, since I would have been an out of state buyer subject to my home state's sales tax for whatever odd reason).

• Premium Member
$11,400 with a 5 year warranty on a 2015 in California. I feel like I could have driven a harder bargain for the warranty and gotten it for slightly cheaper. However I’m happy with my purchase!
How much of that was tax and license?

Archived