• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

FJ-09 lowest OTD price thread. Dealers hate this thread lol

Paid $10,200 plus $400 freight and set-up and taxes. All in $12,099. CAD. That's around $9485 USD. My brother picked up one as well, same price, figured we better do it soon as the Canadian dollar is low now and the fj pricing was from from late 2014-early 2015 when our dollar was stronger. Not sure how much longer the price will stay that low.  

what options do u have  ? or is your price is stock. Ya - if USD stays high, I am sure prices will rise in July 

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paid $10,200 plus $400 freight and set-up and taxes. All in $12,099. CAD. That's around $9485 USD. My brother picked up one as well, same price, figured we better do it soon as the Canadian dollar is low now and the fj pricing was from from late 2014-early 2015 when our dollar was stronger. Not sure how much longer the price will stay that low.  

what options do u have  ? or is your price is stock. Ya - if USD stays high, I am sure prices will rise in July 

Price was stock, the dealer wanted a boatload of $$ for genuine yamaha accessories installed, so I'm looking into aftermarket products.

I saved a few dollars by buying my accessories in the box.  Why pay a 16 year old dealership kid to bolt the stuff on, when I have beer, wrenches, and a garage?

Send an email to several of your local dealers.  Tell them you're ready to buy within xx timeframe.  Tell them what options you want, and ask what is their best, all inclusive, OTD price.  Let them know you'll be selecting your dealership to buy the bike from these email replies.

Pick the best one.

Bought one last Saturday from Pasadena Yamaha. I live in Downtown LA. 

10,490 msrp
55 doc
895 freight
995 prep
1,119tax
138reg
======
13,692 total

I am pretty sure they got every penny possible out of me. I was even nice enough to go through an insurance broker he recommended after talking with his wife who is also an insurance broker for State Farm. She was incredibly sweet, but mentioned he gets a considerable bonus from the broker versus her. Insurance through her would have been slightly cheaper. 

Haven't talked to them since, but I am thinking of telling them they won't see another dollar from me again. I wanted to start a good relationship with the shop, but phuck that. Yamaha is supposedly calling eventually to talk about my satisfaction. 

Edit: I should add no add-ons, no YES. I had even told the sales guy I was working with all the things I was interested in getting (heated grips, USB port charger, ClearWater LED lights, touring screen, and GPS nav. I don't like to haggle, but when I hear "we won't take advantage of you" I would like to believe it.

Guest bmidd
Finally paid the taxes on mine, here's how it broke down.

Bike was $10,000
Heated grips installed $345
Accessory discount -$300
Tax and licensing $831
Total OTD was $10,876

Guest bmidd
Heated grips installed $345 Accessory discount -$300

You effectively paid $45 for the heated grips fitted? That's a deal and a half!
Yes, I thought it was a Yamaha Motor accessory discount as I said earlier in this thread, but it turns out it was my local dealers promo. Anything over $10K is $300 in accessory credit and anything under $10K is $100. 

Paid $10,600 out the door including 8 percent sales tax and CA license.  BIG thumbs up to Palm Springs Motorsports in SoCal for the great price AND they have a demonstrator that you can ride.  Other dealers wouldn't let me ride before purchasing.  These guys were great to deal with.  They'll be pissed that I put my price on here, but hey, I wouldn't have gotten that price without reading here what others paid!  So hopefully I'm "passing it forward."

Finally signed all the paperwork. $10,259 OTD . Sales price of $9,262, $250 doc fee, $713 tax (7.5%), and about $35 in filing fee/temp tag. Local dealer (ASK in central Ohio) matched the Westfield price in Indianapolis, which saved me at least a six hour round-trip drive and a couple hundred bucks in gas and trailer rental, so I came out ahead. Bone stock FJ.

Now just gotta wait for the recall work to get done before I can bring her home...

Archived