Dumb, dumb, dumb

Hi all

Well, I did a really dumb thing.

After my 2019 GT was written-off, I gave the insurance company both sets of keys as they requested.

No big deal right? Wrong. When the bike went down, the City side cases weren't on it. Bonus, right? Wrong.

Pretty hard to use these bags without the key. 😕

I do still have the keycode tag from my bike. Not sure if I can have a key made through Yamaha  or if I can remove the lock cylinders or what...

I obviously wasn't thinking straight at the time, would like to either use these or sell them at some point.

Thoughts?

Additional ridicule expected. 😉

Rob

• Supporting Member

Stuff happens, don't be too hard on yourself...no one can anticipate every variable :)  ...especially post-accident...I rear-ended someone years ago (4 wheeler, totally my fault), no injuries at all or anything...but I was rattled the rest of the day.

A little bit of shock - especially after a motorcycle accident - totally understandable!!

• Thumbsup 2

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member

I bought some FJR1300 side bags online that came locked without keys. Found a you tube video on how to pick the locks. Took maybe 3 minutes to get into each. Bought the re-key kit from Yamaha and rekeyed the case locks to match my ignition. Not that hard once you understand how the pins in the tumbler work. This video is for BMW but same process.

Edited by Heli ATP
  • Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1