Riding School

Yamajank

• Premium Member

I used to ride with yamajank but now he's probably too fast for me. JK. Jeff, you must show me the trail braking way.  We discussed at a stop once that we didn't do it but we knew we should. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

I'm getting ready for my ChampSchool next week at Road Atlanta.  I'm contemplating going ahead and taking the centerstand off before I get there.  I've never done a school or anything on a track other than 15 years ago and turned about 10 laps on a  kart track with my DRZ-SM.  I'm a little anxious.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Another school very worthy of consideration is Stayin’ Safe.  I did this in 2018.  We spent the better part of 2 days on mountain roads in N. Georgia and North Carolina.

There was time spent on the range but it was mostly on roads. We’d stop for roadside instruction from time to time.  What’s great is riders wear earpieces and the instructor, who is riding behind, gives feedback in real time using one-way radio.  When we weren’t being coached on riding technique there was near-constant chatter about safety.

• Thumbsup 1

IBA Member #59800

3 Nations Brewing Mug Club #100

8 hours ago, 3sum said:

I'm getting ready for my ChampSchool next week at Road Atlanta.  I'm contemplating going ahead and taking the centerstand off before I get there.  I've never done a school or anything on a track other than 15 years ago and turned about 10 laps on a  kart track with my DRZ-SM.  I'm a little anxious.

Sweet! I'll be there for sure! With my center stand intact. :)

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, com3 said:

Sweet! I'll be there for sure! With my center stand intact. :)

If that's the case, I'll leave mine alone.