Turn Signal Options

Shizzle

18 hours ago, Heli ATP said:

Can we see a pic of the back with the wires etc. I added PowerBronze handguard extenders to my FJ and would consider a project like yours.

Nice Job!

The pic shows the stock and replacement PowerBronze handguards. I now have more real estate to work with. ☺️

Hand Guards.jpg

I think this is what you were asking for.

C707F3E8-A114-4F13-9E8E-6D1EE8D4F45A.jpeg

• Thumbsup 2

I have kinda given up on this LED turn signal quest. I have ordered 3 sets and they are all crap. Hard to find one with the running light for the front that isn't Chinese crap. The search continues. I will keep my TST relay, signal adapters and wire adapters in hopes I will find something decent. But for now I will wait. 

• Supporting Member
33 minutes ago, Shizzle said:

I have kinda given up on this LED turn signal quest. I have ordered 3 sets and they are all crap. Hard to find one with the running light for the front that isn't Chinese crap. The search continues. I will keep my TST relay, signal adapters and wire adapters in hopes I will find something decent. But for now I will wait. 

If you want high quality, BRIGHT signals, you could look at the ones I recommended at the beginning of this thread.  Billet aluminum (nearly indestructible) compact and ridiculously bright.  I use these on both front and back and they DO have running light capability.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

or the cheap and 

I used the 3-wire LED "bulb" all around with 2 used OEM front TS/RL ($12 shipped) in the rear with my own longer adapter wiring soldered together for the rear TS/RL RL wires spliced into the tail light supply leads, with a $7 low-load LED relay I just had to swap the pins in the plug for plug n' play to the OEM flasher relay plug.

Still have bright pumpkins but with the side panel running lights, twin 18w led driving lights & HLM I'm SEEN!

A X-Blaster Tail Light is going in this winter...

20160824_185446.jpg

20160825_150941.jpg

20170626_191741.jpg

20170626_195620.jpg

2020 FJ09 RR LTG 1.jpg

20200530_131515.jpg

2020 FJ09 RR LTG 2.jpg

2020 FJ09 RR LTG 4.jpg

20201011_175914.jpg

20170626 FJ09 F & R TS-RL LED BULB RPLMT.jpg

20190411_182106.jpg

20190411_182152.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

2 minutes ago, roadwarrior said:

I went with the Super Tenere blinkers. I believe these are now also the stock blinkers on the 2021 Tracer as they should have been all along!

Perfect fit and goes well with the bike.

20190822_155254_resized.thumb.jpg.97bc400d4e9b17be74b9cf920de329ba.jpg834046913_bikeII.thumb.png.4f005ccee15b8d9b377dfebf34e0322c.png 

Those look great.  Where did you get them?

20 hours ago, Shizzle said:

12oclocklabs.  Plenty bright, retains running lights if you want.  They're not Rizomas, but certainly not cheap crap either.

12 hours ago, Ddog gt said:

Yamajank Where did you splice into the wiring for the handguard lights? Also any other tips to help keep me out of trouble.

thanks

Inside the second side panel area (as you’re removing pieces).  I actually drilled a small hole in the back of the black plastic piece for that wire to go through.  Then pigtails.  The right side has a lot less slack than the left side, so less room for error.  It all tucked away nicely though once all the connections were made.  I believe the blue wires are the running light wires. Lots of little pins and screws so if you’ll have it apart for a while I suggest to take some pics. 

I actually have the original 3 pin connector going to those hand guards and made new connectors for the turn signals, otherwise you probably wouldn’t need to drill a hole, but it’s all hidden anyway. 

Edited by Yamajank

Smoke-tested the Cyclops provided relay and completed splicing in the T700 rear adaptor cables (eliminated the bullet connectors) & installing the rear blinkers. 

Still need to posi tap in the brake signal.

Have the front cheek panels split but have gotten temporarily interrupted to go grocery shopping....

BD1EE8AB-664D-4D04-BEB9-D9B4CC589465.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1