Rumored 2022 Honda CB1100X

betoney

Interesting alternative, but not enough to have made me choose it over the Tracer at this point. I'm guessing the new Honda does have 17" wheels- I did not want a street bike with 19" or 21" front wheel, too skittery and vague at highway speed. Riding an Africa Twin confirmed that for me.

Riding a Yamaha Tracer three cylinder motor sealed the deal for me, I don't think the Honda twin will have half the character and unique feel of the triple. 

On 12/2/2020 at 8:42 PM, GTO MIKE said:

I was looking at the Honda NC750X ,a nice bike ,but couldn't get over the fact it only put out 47 HP.   

MIKE

This was me also. A whopping 47 HP!!!!  That's the same with the 1100cc, we will see what the HP is. I'm sure that NC750X would last pretty much forever with the low HP output. It wouldn't stress anything on the bike. That 1100 would need at least 120 HP at the rear wheel to pull me in. If I do anything after the FJ-09 it would probably be the MT 10, who cares if ya only get 100 miles before reserve. I ride with VMaxes and some of them, Gen2s, are signaling the lead rider at 85-90 miles, GAS, GAS, GAS!!!! There has to "Sport" in Sport Touring. 

• Thumbsup 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

1 hour ago, betoney said:

Well, the 'rumor' of Honda's new 1100cc Sport Tourer seems to be confirmed.  

Granted, these are still digital renderings but it looks interesting to me.  I'm curious to see the final released product.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/honda-nt1100-confirmed/

Honda-NT1100-03.jpg?mode=max&quality=90&scale=down

Maybe with a twin it will be light weight!

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Supporting Member
On 8/28/2021 at 9:31 AM, betoney said:

Well, the 'rumor' of Honda's new 1100cc Sport Tourer seems to be confirmed.  

Granted, these are still digital renderings but it looks interesting to me.  I'm curious to see the final released product.

I concur… will be interesting to see how this evolves into a production bike.    There seems to be renewed interest in this middleweight sport touring segment, and I still have faith that Honda can deliver a legit contender.  

As an aside, I spotted this on the Kardesign page:   I know that v-twins are out of style now, but as a former VTR1000 owner (and NT650 Hawk GT), I would be first in line for one of these:  

F441A92F-B4BE-45F6-A0D3-D1D8CD666017.thumb.jpeg.7d9f9624c3d07bcb4f3f6e36b182ca1a.jpeg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
On 8/29/2021 at 12:47 PM, texscottyd said:

I concur… will be interesting to see how this evolves into a production bike.    There seems to be renewed interest in this middleweight sport touring segment, and I still have faith that Honda can deliver a legit contender.  

As an aside, I spotted this on the Kardesign page:   I know that v-twins are out of style now, but as a former VTR1000 owner (and NT650 Hawk GT), I would be first in line for one of these:  

F441A92F-B4BE-45F6-A0D3-D1D8CD666017.thumb.jpeg.7d9f9624c3d07bcb4f3f6e36b182ca1a.jpeg

I still ride my fastest red 111,000 mile 98 VTR, and also had an 88 NT650 Hawk Gt before that I put 70,000 miles on and sorely regret selling.  I only got my 15 FJ because of cervical and lumbar disc issues (the latter now hopefully addressed less than 2 weeks ago) as I wanted a more comfortable sport tourer even though I customized my VTR into a couch compared to stock; and as it was, it was never considered a real sport bike. 

I can't think too far ahead about the proposed Honda because I don't get to ride enough the 3 bikes I have; my 76 RD400 has languished for decades awaiting restoration back to a street bike.

However, I hope that Honda comes through as their VFR800 also was expensive and all the niceties were options like the VFR1200 and still no cruise control. 

20210403_185616.jpg

20210403_185543.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
On 8/29/2021 at 10:47 AM, texscottyd said:

I really like that updated idea. Very cool artist rendering. 

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
On 8/28/2021 at 12:23 PM, tktplz said:

This was me also. A whopping 47 HP!!!!  That's the same with the 1100cc, we will see what the HP is. I'm sure that NC750X would last pretty much forever with the low HP output. It wouldn't stress anything on the bike. That 1100 would need at least 120 HP at the rear wheel to pull me in. If I do anything after the FJ-09 it would probably be the MT 10, who cares if ya only get 100 miles before reserve. I ride with VMaxes and some of them, Gen2s, are signaling the lead rider at 85-90 miles, GAS, GAS, GAS!!!! There has to "Sport" in Sport Touring. 

My 2nd bike was an NC700X, it was not "exciting" but I miss averaging 81MPG and the frunk was infinitely useful. Rode it from NW Ohio to NC a couple of times and it never missed a beat.

I do hope that the tank under the seat becomes a more common trend so the front space can be used for other things like storage. I think the Indian FTR1200 has an under-seat gas tank too? Frunks are awesome!

2and3cylinders- that high mile VTR looks kind of familiar. Did you ride a lot around Kettle Moraine South, hang out at the Highland House ("Brett?"). Auxiliary fuel tank at one point? Could be mistaken...

Edited by sandman900

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, sandman900 said:

2and3cylinders- that high mile VTR looks kind of familiar. Did you ride a lot around Kettle Moraine South, hang out at the Highland House ("Brett?"). Auxiliary fuel tank at one point? Could be mistaken...

Yep, that's mine / me.  BTW, 1 T is sufficient, 2 Ts are redundant.

I still routinely do SE & SW Cheesehead Land but am out now likely for the season due to back surgery.  So let's meet up with the other local yokels next spring...

Maybe you recall a photo of me riding my VTR with another OEM tank on my back.  I was taking it up to a buddy's in WI where we enlarged it to 5.2 gallons from 4.2 due to the poor mileage VTR's get (33 if you take it easy); sadly while I still have the big tank I don't run it because my prostate makes it hard to ever go father than 120 miles before my bladder needs to be drained.

Sadder still, as you know, Highland House is long gone, and Full Moon never has been as popular.  BTW, Back Yard Bikes / General Store in LaGrange has reopened under new ownership.

Have we met (recently), PM'd, texted or spoken???

20210403_142426.jpg

20210403_203011.jpg