Beaky Bills and High Speed Aerodynamics...

@Rick123 I will remove the warning and offer you a public apology. I did miss what was in the OP.

However, it's probably not a good idea to use such language / make jokes like that without context. I'm not the only one that missed the joke. 

• Thumbsup 4
  • Thanks 1

'15 FJ09

On 12/9/2020 at 10:46 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

Tire and/or suspension issues.  I find getting low over the tank is a must at "speed", the bigger the screen and/or beak, the more drag, the more vortex shedding to deal with.  Could be a loosened steering head, vibration due to NOT being flush (I'd install a thin rubber damper layer between), and/or the spacers causing vibration, etc, etc

Down force is good but is a very complicated when speeds, steering, braking are traded off each other.

But tires and suspension are most likely.

well the tires are new and a different brand; suspension up front is Andreani carts and ohlin shock in the rear. Suspensions settings and/or tire pressure could contribute for sure. Anyways, glad the post is generating discussion. I prefer the bike without the beak; each to their own,eh

3 hours ago, koth442 said:

@Rick123 I will remove the warning and offer you a public apology. I did miss what was in the OP.

However, it's probably not a good idea to use such language / make jokes like that without context. I'm not the only one that missed the joke. 

I appreciate the work mods do on these forums; with the caveat that some forums are excessively moderated ( not this one, but there was a Versys 300X forum I was on that was way over the top, virtually had to adopt the "party line" and no humour was "good" humour or else!)

It's a sensitive time right now, to be sure. I totally support the freedom of speech and expression that is a hallmark of our "united" republic; notwithstanding that this essential ideal does not apply to private enterprises, like this great forum. Also, IMHO, humour is sacred, and possibly among the most important aspects of free speech. People need to be mature enough to laugh at themselves sometimes!

• Thumbsup 5

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2021 at 8:57 AM, koth442 said:

Thank you and my apologies if I offended anyone. It was not my intention at all!

• Thumbsup 3

• 3 weeks later...