Sasquatch will no longer lurk

I wouldn't say I am a long time lurker of the forum, but I have had my eye on the Tracer 900 since 2018. With the next evolution of the platform coming around I have decided to pull the trigger on the Tracer 9 GT and I couldn't be more excited. 

Currently I have an Indian Scout in the stable but i'd rather justify two bikes than to try and outfit that for longer trips. Also, it's good to have a spare for company when they visit! Anyways planning on a decent West Coast (US) tour this summer after I get the bike broken in and I will share with you all the adventure if you'd like!  

7/8/2021 Edit: The bike finally came at the tail end of June, I can be a real member now. 🏆

Edited by MightBeSasquatch
Doesn't deserve a new post.
  • Thumbsup 4
  • Like 2

• Supporting Member

I'm after a 2nd & possibly 3rd bike for all the same reasons as you - to ride in different terrain, and in case my dad comes for a visit.  I nearly kept my V-Strom just for him!!

Glad you found a Tracer...they're not quite a UJM, but very nearly.

• Like 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

20 minutes ago, knyte said:

I'm after a 2nd & possibly 3rd bike for all the same reasons as you - to ride in different terrain, and in case my dad comes for a visit.  I nearly kept my V-Strom just for him!!

Glad you found a Tracer...they're not quite a UJM, but very nearly.

Always a good plan! One for every occasion! You should encourage your father to keep a spare for you as well ;)

• Thumbsup 1

Good Job! Lurking is like stalking, might as well introduce yourself.

Welcome! I just cut back from multiple bikes for a long time to just my FJ-09. It would have to be a versatile bike like the FJ-09.

• Thumbsup 2

18 minutes ago, peteinpa said:

Good Job! Lurking is like stalking, might as well introduce yourself.

Welcome! I just cut back from multiple bikes for a long time to just my FJ-09. It would have to be a versatile bike like the FJ-09.

Stalking seems pretty squatchy... but I wouldn’t want to have that label so early in my existence here 😂

4 hours ago, MightBeSasquatch said:

Anyways planning on a decent West Coast (US) tour this summer

Welcome to the club, might be a wee bit biased but you have made a good choice. I have been thinking about a US west coast trip too but as My wife will be coming along on the holiday it will have to be in a hire car. I suppose I could roll the windows down to get a little bit of motorbike feeling.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 2

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, MightBeSasquatch said:

Anyways planning on a decent West Coast (US) tour this summer after I get the bike broken in and I will share with you all the adventure if you'd like!  

Welcome, congrats on the new bike this coming Spring. (unless they release them earlier)

From your location, there is amazing riding in every direction, between Washington, Oregon, Northern California, Western Montana and Idaho, the riding here in the PNW cant be beat.  If you have never been, I HIGHLY encourage you to spend a lot of time in Oregon and Northern California, many members here that would be more than happy to recommend amazing routes for your Summer trip. 👍

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

26 minutes ago, betoney said:

Welcome, congrats on the new bike this coming Spring. (unless they release them earlier)

From your location, there is amazing riding in every direction, between Washington, Oregon, Northern California, Western Montana and Idaho, the riding here in the PNW cant be beat.  If you have never been, I HIGHLY encourage you to spend a lot of time in Oregon and Northern California, many members here that would be more than happy to recommend amazing routes for your Summer trip. 👍

I won't ever say no to recommendations, as you know though, plans are temporary things... 😂 I actually used to live in the south sound area! Many fond memories seeing how many passes we could hit in a day. Just learning some of the newer territory here in Idaho now.  

• Supporting Member
27 minutes ago, MightBeSasquatch said:

I won't ever say no to recommendations,  Just learning some of the newer territory here in Idaho now.  

Here are just a few recommendations in Idaho, it would take me forever to list all of the good riding in Oregon... 👍

Lolo Pass is considered by many to be a 'bucket list' ride.

Old Highway 95 over White Bird Grade

Grimes Pass/ Stanley/ Sun Valley

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

51 minutes ago, betoney said:

Here are just a few recommendations in Idaho, it would take me forever to list all of the good riding in Oregon... 👍

Lolo Pass is considered by many to be a 'bucket list' ride.

Old Highway 95 over White Bird Grade

Grimes Pass/ Stanley/ Sun Valley

I drove Lolo back in 2019 when I was still on the west side and that was the first thing I thought of! Thanks for the other suggestions, I will take that White Bird Grade for sure on my way south this summer, good find!

• Thumbsup 1

Congrats on your new owned Tracer GT, nearly plunge on an Indian scout, in my opinion the looks kills any Harley off. Sadly the dealer here is very weak with not many on the road, dont want to be stuck/park my bike just because of one screw/nuts missing due no stock. As for Tracer, plenty spares parts all over the country. 

• Thumbsup 1

11 minutes ago, WKE002 said:

Congrats on your new owned Tracer GT, nearly plunge on an Indian scout, in my opinion the looks kills any Harley off. Sadly the dealer here is very weak with not many on the road, dont want to be stuck/park my bike just because of one screw/nuts missing due no stock. As for Tracer, plenty spares parts all over the country. 

If you ever get the chance to get a scout, go for it. The nuts and bolts are metric! It's a fun little cruiser, fairly reliable too. Take a look at @motogypsy on instagram, she has been touring with the 60ci model down in South America. I'm not much of a Harley vs. Indian kinda guy either, but MotoAmerica did a sweet one-off race with baggers (stock baggers that were stuffed with 75k-125k). Entertaining as all get out, I want to see some metric cruisers in the next one. 

I just got back from the dealership to see if the acknowledgement order went through, everything is on track for the Tracer, so I am stoked to the gills! It is going to be a rough winter waiting 🤣.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1