Hello from Toronto

Skidood

Welcome from the Prairies (Moose Jaw, SK).  I picked my new GT up a couple of weeks ago, and it is now patiently waiting in my hangar for spring riding weather.  I'm also waiting, but not as patiently.  So....I can't give you any useful info whatsoever!  We'll have to compare first ride impressions when we get the chance!

• Thumbsup 2

Hello, welcome to the forum. I'm also quite new here but as i investigate there is too much information on our lovely machines. I think you'll like it :) Enjoy 🖐️

• Thumbsup 1

8 hours ago, gerrychuck said:

Welcome from the Prairies (Moose Jaw, SK).  I picked my new GT up a couple of weeks ago, and it is now patiently waiting in my hangar for spring riding weather.  I'm also waiting, but not as patiently.  So....I can't give you any useful info whatsoever!  We'll have to compare first ride impressions when we get the chance!

For sure!  Moose Jaw seems like a good riding destination, BTW! 🙂

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Heya @Skidood - you came to the right place for friendly, technical discussions and information.  Some great photos and videos too from all over the world.

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

6 hours ago, rlambke19 said:

Hi @Skidood

Welcome to the forum and great choice on your first bike back.

I'm in Cambridge, ON.

Which dealership did you get your new GT at and what model year did you get?

Cheers,

Rob

Hi Rob, it was Ready Honda in Mississauga, they are a car dealer but also have a powersports division.  There are about 35 new bikes on the floor there, none used, all different makes and models, they had 4  900 GTs, one of them had the red/white/grey color scheme, and they are closing up next summer so there may be some good deals to be had.  They have a WHOLE bunch of white Ninja 250's.  At least I think they are 250's.  I bought a new silver/blue/gold GT.

• Thumbsup 1

Welcome aboard and congratulation on you new ride. Another one from Mississauga here. Got mine back in October after having 13 V Stroms in the last 10 years. Already put 5000km on it 😄 and so far so good. I hope you got a good deal. Usually Ready Honda have pretty high prices. They have few 3-4 years old new bikes on the floor...

Edited by Rick123
  • Thumbsup 1

7 minutes ago, Rick123 said:

Welcome aboard and congratulation on you new ride. Another one from Mississauga here. Got mine back in October after having 13 V Stroms in the last 10 years. Already put 5000km on it 😄 and so far so good. I hope you got a good deal. Usually Ready Honda have pretty high prices. They have few 3-4 years old new bikes on the floor...

Hey, wow, another "Mississaugan"...yeah I got a decent deal, I think..$1100 off the MSRP plus they waved the $850 "PDI charge".

I didn't know some of those bikes there are used, you can't really tell, they didn't have signs on any of them.

13 V-Stroms in the last 10 years??? Wow. Wow...my take is that those are well-reviewed bikes so since you're happy with the GT, I'm even more happy now.

59 minutes ago, Skidood said:

Hey, wow, another "Mississaugan"...yeah I got a decent deal, I think..$1100 off the MSRP plus they waved the $850 "PDI charge".

I didn't know some of those bikes there are used, you can't really tell, they didn't have signs on any of them.

13 V-Stroms in the last 10 years??? Wow. Wow...my take is that those are well-reviewed bikes so since you're happy with the GT, I'm even more happy now.

I'm glad to hear that. V Stroms are great bikes but this year way overpriced on the used market (I never buy new). I had to get next one since I rode my 2017 650XT for over 40000km in one year. Yes, overpriced to the point that I found 2017 FJ cheaper than any of 2017 or 18 V Strom 650. So to me it was obvious choice at this point. Btw I said 3-4 years old NEW bikes and my is "only" FJ09 (not GT). My riding buddy got his GT a year ago and after 23000km still very happy about it.

Edited by Rick123

14 hours ago, Skidood said:

I think he meant that the 3-4 year old bikes are new, old stock - meaning they haven't been able to sell them. Might have something to do with why they are going out of business. I haven't heard great things about Ready Powersports - I tried calling them once about a bike and they weren't very helpful. Didn't they start out as a Honda car dealership?

Rob