Drive Mode B

Skidood

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, PhotoAl said:

Other bikes have more speed but it's a rare bike that is faster than the Tracer GT thru the first couple of gears.  It's not a beginner bike and needs practice and respect.

Don't ride a BMW S1000XR or KTM Super Duke GT...

Yes not for newbies, and experts may pan it due to the OEM suspension but really a pretty easy bike to go fastish on overall if you have enough inseam.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, roadrash83 said:

I would love to have a street legal CR500 SuperMoto, but then again I think a TZ750 would be the perfect bike to ride to church on Sunday😁

My 76 RD400 with porting, pistons, Banshee reeds and cages, electronic ignition and rev limiter, carb and intake tweaks, chambers, suspension, brakes, swing arm, etc is a sweetheart.

I kick myself, hard, every time I have a flashback of selling my custom 72 H2 Mach IV! 😞

On 1/13/2021 at 4:30 PM, Skidood said:

But I still look very much forward to becoming as one with this machine.

I'll be honest, I'm on my 3rd year of owning my '15, and I'm still not feeling this. I've managed to tame the jerky throttle, and with all the farkles I have, the bike should be perfect.  But when it comes time to ride, more often than not I end up on my trusty old SV650, or on my BMW K-pig. 

I've only manged to put on 20k so far, so maybe it's just lack of seat time. I dunno. I'm still hoping for the magic to happen. 

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

Thats some really cool older bikes.  I've seen a lot of great example of the Kawasaki H2s as well as the RD400s over the years at the Barber Vintage Festival.  Some incredible bikes and still put a smile on my face when I see and hear them.  

Last couple of months have really enjoyed my Tracer GT.