maximNikenGT

• Supporting Member

Was searching the Yamaha Japan site for Niken updates for 2021 and ran across this article for a special Niken owners meeting/rally in Japan. What was of special interest was what they created as souvenirs for this special owners meeting:

Who the hell wouldn't want a set of Niken double swords?!? 

Don't know what the thing to the right is though. Anyone have any ideas or can read Japanese Kanji characters?

FF40DAB1-4AB8-4AA1-A5C1-6CED328A2512.jpeg

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member
5 minutes ago, pilninggas said:

I follow a few Japanese Niken riders on twitter. It seems to be massive over there. Custom paint jobs, mods galore and a huge following.

The japs sure know how to do cult vehicles.

Wish some of the niken stuff would disseminate to the rest of us.

Would love to get access to one of the Japanese Niken owner sites. If you have links that you wouldn't mind sharing that would be great. One of the things I would love to do is set up an interview with the developers of the Niken in Japan. Obviously would need a translator but i think that would be super fun. 

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT

i just follow some on twitter - i use the translate function to read about their travails and stuff.

I tried joining a french niken forum, but it would let me (my french too poor, translate not sophisticated enough on the registration security page).

Edited by pilninggas

• Supporting Member

Current cost of a Niken GT in Japan is 1,980,000 Yen. At current exchange rates that translates to $19163.39 USD or 15642.98 Euro. 

Also some gorgeous shots of the Niken GT in red. 

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member

@maximNikenGT - I really like the red and satin black, especially the 2-tone front fenders, I would like something like that for the bikes.  With all of the black on the bike, I wish the tank was red as well

https://www.yamaha-motor.co.jp/mc/lineup/niken/img/niken-gt_gallery_002_2020_001.jpg

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 2 months later...
  • Supporting Member
On 12/18/2020 at 11:40 AM, maximNikenGT said:

Was searching the Yamaha Japan site for Niken updates for 2021 and ran across this article for a special Niken owners meeting/rally in Japan. What was of special interest was what they created as souvenirs for this special owners meeting:

Who the hell wouldn't want a set of Niken double swords?!? 

Don't know what the thing to the right is though. Anyone have any ideas or can read Japanese Kanji characters?

FF40DAB1-4AB8-4AA1-A5C1-6CED328A2512.jpeg

After meeting a fellow rider from Japan on the Facebook forum I just learned that these are actually chopsticks and chopstix holders!

2019 Niken GT

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, maximNikenGT said:

After meeting a fellow rider from Japan on the Facebook forum I just learned that these are actually chopsticks and chopstix holders!

Those are the coolest chopsticks I have ever seen.  👍

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***