Hi, after days of studying the technical manuals and practical use of a torque wrench when removing the engine screws, it seems that engine bolts must be tightened by 45 Nm on both sides. I didn't find the value of 11 Nm in the SW Motech documentation or in the Niken service and repair manual. I'm in progress to install of the Givi crashbars for Tracer on my Niken. It seems that a little, technical change in right crashbar need to be done as well as new spacers and bolts installed.    

Edited by lpawelek

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, lpawelek said:

Finally, installed Givi’s crash bars for Tracer on my Niken. Looks pretty good and covers a large part of the engine. 

7A4A03D7-4FA5-45DB-9664-D03851ADF587.jpeg

The Givi crash bars fit perfectly? Impressive. Was the right side different the exact sames as the left just reversed? The Givi version looks like it actually protects more of the engine than the SW Motech version. 

The right side of the SW Motech versions are definitely different from the left compared to the right side because of the different length bolts needed to mount them. 

Edited by maximNikenGT

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

On 1/25/2022 at 5:42 AM, lpawelek said:

Hi, after days of studying the technical manuals and practical use of a torque wrench when removing the engine screws, it seems that engine bolts must be tightened by 45 Nm on both sides. I didn't find the value of 11 Nm in the SW Motech documentation or in the Niken service and repair manual. I'm in progress to install of the Givi crashbars for Tracer on my Niken. It seems that a little, technical change in right crashbar need to be done as well as new spacers and bolts installed.    

I just installed the SW Motech ones and used the same torque value as I used my torque wrench to unscrew the stock bolts and I needed around 42nm to do it.

• Thumbsup 1

5 hours ago, maximNikenGT said:

The Givi crash bars fit perfectly? Impressive. Was the right side different the exact sames as the left just reversed? The Givi version looks like it actually protects more of the engine than the SW Motech version. 

The right side of the SW Motech versions are definitely different from the left compared to the right side because of the different length bolts needed to mount them. 

Not so perfect :). Left side just needed 48mm specer  (bolt in metric 10x1,25x100 mm) and 56 mm spacer (bolt 10x1,25x120mm). Right side crash bar needed more technical arrangements only with the fastenings on the brake area, but it was worth for greater engine protection :). If someone is interested I can send full specification how to modify and install the Givi TN 2139 on the Niken.

3 hours ago, prmurat said:

I just installed the SW Motech ones and used the same torque value as I used my torque wrench to unscrew the stock bolts and I needed around 42nm to do it.

Yes, I did it with almost this same value (45Nm) according to the service manual for Niken.

• Thumbsup 1

• 1 month later...
  • Supporting Member

Posting the link to the Japanese maker SSB who makes crash bars for the Niken. These crash bars are specifically made for Gymkana purposes so they make them super stout. Not cheap though but then damage on a Niken is never cheap to repair.

https://ssbfactory.com/product/yamaha-niken-ssb-crash-guard-protection-cage-2018-models-ys25/?fbclid=IwAR1Sey08QdBiTvlDupMPL1CF1CHmTFQHWtNNZ27Aje5rT0kzDFKn-EwgGbM

A35271D2-67D4-435D-9F76-B1FC42B483E8.png

2019 Niken GT

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

Niken down, what touches.....

I'm still looking for a set with best coverage. Those Japanese ones look good but $600+ Ouch. The link to the gymkhana ones no longer works?

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
  • Supporting Member
On 3/20/2022 at 4:30 PM, Heli ATP said:

Niken down, what touches.....

I'm still looking for a set with best coverage. Those Japanese ones look good but $600+ Ouch. The link to the gymkhana ones no longer works?

Try this link :

https://ssbfactory.com/product/yamaha-niken-ssb-crash-guard-protection-cage-2018-models-ys25/?fbclid=IwAR1Sey08QdBiTvlDupMPL1CF1CHmTFQHWtNNZ27Aje5rT0kzDFKn-EwgGbM

2019 Niken GT