Sign in to follow this  
SilverSteve

New Member 900GT purchase - love your feedback

Since seats and windscreens are matters of personal comfort, and everyone's needs, ergonomics and tastes are a bit different I expect to change them.  I haven't ridden any bike for long with stock seat and screen since the 90's.  As for the suspension, it's cheap to keep the bike cheap.  Some people will like it the way it is.  I opted for the upgrade, because better suspension has never disappointed.

• Thumbsup 1

www.ridemsta.com  Riding makes me happy. Life is short, go outside and play.

2015 matte gray, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

I think this bike is probably one of the most overlooked on the market.  Whenever I have stopped somewhere that other riders gather for food / fuel / socializing, almost no one has seen or heard of the Tracer 900GT.  They see it as just a small touring bike but then are shocked when they can't run off and leave me in the twisties on their sport bikes.  

For me the beauty of this machine is that even for my 59 year old body and tall frame this thing is super comfortable for the long haul but can still be ridden in anger like a sport bike.  It is actually quite good in stock form other than the windscreen.    

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

I also had a VFR800, which I loved.   Bought the 2020  GT  cause I hated those purple wheels on 2019.   Foolish I know, but I did get a great deal as I bought in Aug.   I upgraded to the madstad windscreen and it was well worth it.   Super quiet.   I am probably going to do something about the seat.   The downhill slide is annoying for certain.   But other than that the bike is pretty awesome.  

• Thumbsup 1