Hello there!

NYTracer

Hi all, new guy here, picked up a 2020 this afternoon, sooo happy.  I’ve been lurking on the forum a while now reading up on the bike since I decided it was the one I wanted last year.  I’m in NY and had to drive an hour into the city to trade in my Bolt and pick up the Tracer, it was 23* degrees this morning and the ride down was not fun, but I smiled the whole way home on the GT! 
Can’t wait for the weather to warm just a bit so I can start riding this thing to work, in the meantime I’ll keep reading up and participating in the forum.

Thanks and ride safe!

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 2

without spending $$$, there are plenty to set up the SAG front and rear which i think u know the basic set up. (i dont initially when i got my bike)

some riders here, me included find our private parts/butt seem to slide close to the fuel tank,  Top secret R&D by someone in this forum is to put washer/coin on the adjustable seat height bracket to prevent our butt sliding to the front.  

if its ori dunlop d222 tires, than guess first wallet spending would be on tires (i initially was sceptical and change it after 1,000km riding, and man, wish i would have change it immediately upon receiving my bike), i follow most of it here, Michelin Road 5. wanted Pirelli Scorpion STR but in my country, only rear available,  front size not available.  

Am no expert here, still receiving a lot of input input on this great forum. 

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, NYTracer said:

Thanks gentlemen!

Any advice on setting up the suspension? I found some posts but haven’t tried anything yet.  Bike felt pretty good on the ride home but again that was compared to the Bolt.

Not sure where you are in NY but Washington Cycleworks does suspension setups.  Highly rated.  Had all my bikes done there incl Tracer.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum! what part of NY are you in? I grew up in Westchester County. I will also recommend a trip down to Washington Cycle Works, They have done over half a dozen bikes for me. They set up the stock suspension on my GT and I'm very happy with the results. Enjoy!

He who dies with the most toys wins.

15 hours ago, WKE002 said:

without spending $$$, there are plenty to set up the SAG front and rear which i think u know the basic set up. (i dont initially when i got my bike)

some riders here, me included find our private parts/butt seem to slide close to the fuel tank,  Top secret R&D by someone in this forum is to put washer/coin on the adjustable seat height bracket to prevent our butt sliding to the front.  

if its ori dunlop d222 tires, than guess first wallet spending would be on tires (i initially was sceptical and change it after 1,000km riding, and man, wish i would have change it immediately upon receiving my bike), i follow most of it here, Michelin Road 5. wanted Pirelli Scorpion STR but in my country, only rear available,  front size not available.  

Am no expert here, still receiving a lot of input input on this great forum. 

@WKE002 I did notice the sliding into the tank thing right away, I have the seat DIY saved to do it soon, also read up on the tires, thanks for recommendations

9 hours ago, mikerbiker said:

Not sure where you are in NY but Washington Cycleworks does suspension setups.  Highly rated.  Had all my bikes done there incl Tracer.

@mikerbiker Thanks! Found one in Jersey, 1.5 hrs away, highly recommended by a lot of folks around here, I will definitely take the ride out there.

8 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

Welcome to the forum! what part of NY are you in? I grew up in Westchester County. I will also recommend a trip down to Washington Cycle Works, They have done over half a dozen bikes for me. They set up the stock suspension on my GT and I'm very happy with the results. Enjoy!

@roadrash83 Thanks man, I'm in Westchester as well, Ossining to be exact.  Soon as the temps get a little warmer I'll be taking the ride.