Need front axle sliders.

Spoke with an R&G vendor about front axle sliders for my 2019 GT.  My concern was that the XSR900, FJ09, and Tracer were shown but not the Tracer GT.  He assured me that they would fit the GT as well.  However we all know The GT has different forks which I mentioned to the vendor. He insisted they were the correct part for my GT.  Once the sliders came they would not fit in the right end of the axle, ( not my first set of sliders, as I put them on all my bikes).  I had a hard time getting them to accept the return at first as the guy on the phone insisted that it was the right part and that I must be doing something wrong.

So who here has installed front axle sliders on the GT and what brand did you use.  Thanks in advance for any replies.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• Supporting Member

I know that the internals are updated on the GT but not aware of any difference externally. What part of the R&G slider didn’t fit?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

8 minutes ago, betoney said:

I know that the internals are updated on the GT but not aware of any difference externally. What part of the R&G slider didn’t fit?

Hello Betoney,

The spool for the right side was too large to fit within the opening at the end of the axle.  It was the smaller of the two.  

As far as the external end of the axle being any different, or smaller than the standard forks on the non-GT model, I can't say.  I would have thought they would use the same axle for both.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

• Premium Member

I ordered them from Twisted Throttle in Nov 2018 and part number is as follows.  They fit my 2019 Tracer GT just fine.

Shipped Items:
Item Number Item Description Qty Shipped
RG.FP0149.BK R&G Front Axle Sliders Fork Protectors for Yamaha FZ-09 '14-'17, MT-09 '18-'19, FJ-09 '15-'17, XSR900 '16-'19 & Tracer 900GT '19

if you put that Item# in the search box on Twisted Throttle - Home page you'll see pics...

i have got the SW Motech on rear, ordered the front one, yet to arrive. last weekend due to tire puncture, removed the Sw Motech and found the shaft (not sure whats its call)  of SW Motech rusted ! Sand it down and applied silicone spray to it. knowing silicone spray wont last long, can anyone advice if could applied a thin layer of grease on it? 

I wouldn’t use a silicone spray @WKE002, as it is horrible stuff if you get it on any part of your front brakes. I’m sure it’s low risk, but there are much better things to use instead.

If you can get hold of ACF-50, this is excellent for preventing rust. Next best would be simple grease. The shaft is prone to rust as it’s in a low air flow environment and if it gets humidity in there, it doesn’t dry well. It’s nothing to worry about as it’s just a link between the two slider ends.

• Thanks 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

15 hours ago, mikerbiker said:

I ordered them from Twisted Throttle in Nov 2018 and part number is as follows.  They fit my 2019 Tracer GT just fine.

Shipped Items:
Item Number Item Description Qty Shipped
RG.FP0149.BK R&G Front Axle Sliders Fork Protectors for Yamaha FZ-09 '14-'17, MT-09 '18-'19, FJ-09 '15-'17, XSR900 '16-'19 & Tracer 900GT '19

if you put that Item# in the search box on Twisted Throttle - Home page you'll see pics...

Thanks for the link. Order placed.