Bohn protection

banderso

I've wondered the same thing. Their HQ is about 3 blocks from my house, and I've thought about stopping in and see if they'd let me look at and maybe try on their stuff. Maybe eventually I'll do it. 

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

• Premium Member

My wife bought me a set of their leggings maybe 8 or 10 years ago that I still use.  I wear them under unarmored Kevlar/Cordura lined riding jeans or khakis on day rides where there should be 0% chance of rain.  The lycra has loosened up a little bit, but all of the armor still sits where it should.  Buy 1 bigger size pant to fit the armor underneath.  They're comfortable enough.  They're a little bit bulky off the bike, but you don't notice them on the bike.  They are hotter in the summer than mesh pants and shorts underneath, but nothing like Aerostich pants or suit.  So long as you're moving, you don't notice them at all up to maybe 95.  After that just everything is hot on a motorcycle.  Mine don't have a fly so using the bathroom takes an extra minute.  I think you can still get a 10% discount through AMA.

Bohn-Body-Armor-Adventure-Pants-Black-Fr

The Ultimate Armored Motorcycle Pants. Protect Knees, Shins, Tailbone...

• Premium Member

Aerostich jeans with Bohn underneath. They have a dad jean fit but they look like jeans not the Michelin man or race leathers. I usually wear a 34 Jean and these are 36. I have all of the pads installed - low and high hip, sacral, and knee/shin. There's a little resistance at the knees when you're walking and a little resistance to bending because the armor is right against your leg, but you can overcome it. 

0117211150~2.jpg

0117211152~2.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, banderso said:

Hi onemoreroad,

Are you standing on a chair?

In a bathroom?

See ya 

bill

Standing on an old stool so I could photo pants in the mirror above the counter with better lighting. We use the stool for haircuts during COVID.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been wearing Bohn armor under my pants for years. They work, and I had to test them- I had a Ford Explorer pull out in front of me at the last second. No escape path, t-boned the door at 90 degrees, hit under 20 mph while on the front brakes. I actually put a small dent in my gas tank with my knee, but I had no lower body injury! Lucky, though- the knee pads do slip down in their pockets. Wish they would improve them or that there was a better alternative. I'm still wearing the same ones 5 years later.