FirstGear Adventure Air jacket - very nice, great deal

texscottyd

• Supporting Member

I just picked up a new FirstGear Adventure Air jacket on a closeout sale for less than $140 (retail is $300), and I must say that I’m really impressed with it so far.   Much more substantial, well made, and fully-featured than I anticipated...  I could easily see this becoming my new go-to jacket for year round use in south Texas.   I haven’t ridden in the rain with it yet, so can’t comment on the wet weather  protection, but everything else has been a pleasant surprise.  It comes with very nice Knox CE armor in the shoulders & elbows, but surprisingly no back protector installed (my only complaint).

The XL is a perfect snug fit for me at 6’1”, 225 pounds.    

I ordered it through MotorCycleGear.com, and had it at my doorstep in three days.   I’ve bought other things from them in the past, and have been very satisfied with their customer service.  

516898AdvAirJktBlk.jpg

The Adventure Air jacket is a longer...

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

First gear makes some nice stuff I've got some really old pieces of theirs And I like the fact that it has a two-way zipper the problem is is I have a closet full of jackets and pants that make it kind of redundant I have a Similar Tour Master Jacket That is not really Fully waterproof but mesh with a Solid cover that goes over it And insulated liner My go-to Suit is my old aerostich Roadcrafter classic that also is not waterproof the new ones are the R3 But not my original one Plus I have the Aerostitch Transit 2 suit But it's only good Up to 85 degrees Good luck with it though

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
36 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

the problem is is I have a closet full of jackets and pants that make it kind of redundant

I hear you, but interestingly enough, this all-purpose textile jacket was a gap in the wardrobe.  I have a Klim Apex that is arguably in the same space, but mine is just too big to fit me correctly.   It’s an XXL, and apparently the Klim runs REALLY large in the larger sizes.   I feel like 6’2” & 245 would be about right...   I may try and resell this Klim if the new FirstGear works as well as I think it’s going to.