New 2015 FJ-09 owner in Icebound Indy

bwringer

8 hours ago, knyte said:

I did.  It's just aluminum, so it ground off quickly and easily.  In so doing, the lowest point is no longer this 'guard', but the catalytic converter.  I'd much rather a scratch on something I can't see over a cracked pan in the middle of nowhere!!  Just ask @Clegg78...

I also bought my FJ without a test ride...it was too late in the season (snow outside) but my g/f pointed it out in the showroom, and it had a 'big bike' presence which at first was a bit intimidating, but felt pretty good when I sat on it.  You're right, it's a HUGE leap of faith...turned out to be a winner when spring rolled around and we went riding.  No regrets!

I also picked up my GT as it started snowing and never got to test ride it either. I was looking at getting a Speed Triple and somehow thought it was a better deal to get Yamaha as they never let me down and still have 2 already in my garage. 

• Thumbsup 2

Good to know I'm not the only weirdo who buys bikes in the winter!

I bought my current KLR650 on December 31, 2011 while I was still using a walker to get around after I was removed from the first one by a left-turning triple-fake phone poker (broken femur and wrist). I brought a friend to load it on my trailer for me, and I asked the owner to ride it up the street once in front of me just to prove it worked. The owner was a little freaked out by the sight of maimed guy buying a replacement bike... The wad of cash helped him get over it.

After throwing a large chunk of money into accessories and upgrades over the next few months, I took the first short ride in February 2012 with a folding cane in a tank bag.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Hey BWRinger !

I think I might know you from someplace!

🤣🤣

Damn, I think you bought the "girl" I had my eyes on.

Congrats !

I look forward to seeing "her" in person and going for some rides.

Jay

• Thumbsup 1