Does this mean the Niken is a significant model?

jetpilot5

Looking at a few videos of the Barber Motorsports Museum before I head down for a visit next month. I was surprised to see they have a Niken on display. Pretty cool to have one in one of the premier motorcycle museums on the planet.

Niken at 14:54

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
On 2/12/2021 at 1:46 PM, jetpilot5 said:

Looking at a few videos of the Barber Motorsports Museum before I head down for a visit next month. I was surprised to see they have a Niken on display. Pretty cool to have one in one of the premier motorcycle museums on the planet.

According to my impromptu check of Niken VINs worldwide, highest confirmed owner VIN is 1501 for a 2019 Niken GT registered in Europe. For comparison purposes there were only 1315 Ferrari F40s made worldwide. If the highest confirmed number is only 1501, then the Niken is in very rare air indeed. 

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

On 2/12/2021 at 12:46 PM, jetpilot5 said:

Thanks for posting this.  Great 2 hr watch.  Adding a trip there to my bucket list!  Actually, might do it this year.  It's a 9 hr drive each way for me, ~ 80 gallons gas (truck), plus 3 nites motel stay which allows me 2 full days at the museum. 

Or....I fly to Birmingham early AM, rent a car, two days at the museum and only 2 nites motel stay, fly home late evening.  Hmm....(wheels turning).   Is two days enough to soak it all in?  Do I wanna be there during weekdays or on a weekend?  Special events?   I'm having fun just thinking about it.  Cheers.

Edit:  Should mention that admission to the Barber Museum is $15 @ day.  If that's not a bargain I don't know what is.

Edited by 2WHLOZK
add info
  • Thumbsup 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

Adding to my list of places to go see.

So far have made it to the Peterson automotive museum in Los Angeles, the Wheels Through Time motorcycle museum (awesome for motorcyclists) in Maggie Valley, NC, BMW Zentrum museum in Spartanburg, South Carolina, and the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville, Tennessee.  And of course the Nascar Hall of Fame here in Charlotte. 

Still want to visit the Corvette museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky, and the Mustang museum in Concord, NC.  

Incidentally if you do a Chik Fil A headquarters tour in  Atlanta they actually have the Batmobile from the Batman Returns movie in the lobby of their corporate headquarters. Turns out the founder of Chik Fil A (Cathy Truitt) was a gear head and a dedicated Harley Davidson rider. 

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• 2 weeks later...

Got a short three hour visit to the Barber Museum yesterday. What an amazing place! So much to look at. Really well done. If you're a bike fan at all it's worth a visit. I did get a picture of a museum quality Niken.😉😄 Got a few other pictures too.

IMG_2243.thumb.JPG.04eec7c4ab1d20b1be0be04959419bb7.JPG

IMG_1789 (2).JPG

IMG_2237.JPG

IMG_2238.JPG

• Thumbsup 3

On 2/15/2021 at 2:47 PM, 2WHLOZK said:

Thanks for posting this.  Great 2 hr watch.  Adding a trip there to my bucket list!  Actually, might do it this year.  It's a 9 hr drive each way for me, ~ 80 gallons gas (truck), plus 3 nites motel stay which allows me 2 full days at the museum. 

Or....I fly to Birmingham early AM, rent a car, two days at the museum and only 2 nites motel stay, fly home late evening.  Hmm....(wheels turning).   Is two days enough to soak it all in?  Do I wanna be there during weekdays or on a weekend?  Special events?   I'm having fun just thinking about it.  Cheers.

Edit:  Should mention that admission to the Barber Museum is $15 @ day.  If that's not a bargain I don't know what is.

Check the Barber schedule and see when there is an event at the race track.  The track is literally next to the museum and really beautiful.  When I was there the track was hosting a Porsche driving experience where Porsche owners plunk dow $1k a day for a one- or two- day driving school using the schools 911s. (Lunch is included.)

Was fun to tour the museum for 4 hours and then wander around the course on skywalks and garden-like paths watching the action.  In addition, the grounds have lots of sculpture and artwork scattered about.  An amazing place.  Drive from Montgomery is about 30 min.

• Thumbsup 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09