No riding...blues and moans

Salish900

This is an anti-riding post. We've had serious snow here in Olympia, WA over this three day weekend, and my bike is stuck in the garage. No riding. No fun on bike. No reports of windy roads and vistas. No amount of good gear makes this possible. What a bummer. Enjoy your riding if you can. 

Heard a great quote from Voltaire recently. Paraphrased as "Doubt is an uncomfortable position, but certainty is absurd.". Lots of truth in that one! 

IMG_2500.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Sad 3

Looks from here like Scotland has gone bloody Arctic this week.

Great for the ice climbing hard men but bad for the motoboys!

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

Brought a shiny new GT home on Friday, just as the first flakes were beginning to fall. It's been snowing ever since. Kinda frustrating  because I've ridden every day through winter until now. But it's given me time to browse around here and think about which fuse block, voltage monitor, top rack, etc, might work best on this thing and learn how to remove all the plastics and tank. And, I've realized top cases are scarce out there these days. Anything I might want is out of stock. :o

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, roadwarrior said:

This is probably sacrilege here but I probably enjoy snowmobiling more than motorcycling, so I look forward to the snow.

The sub-zero temps we've had for the last week I can do without though.

snowmobile.jpg

One of the frustrations of life down here in Indianapolis is that we get snow and crappy weather a-plenty, but we hardly ever get enough snow to have any fun. It just screws everything up for several days, then things get all mushy and slushy and most of it melts, rinse and repeat...

Still, there are many years where I've been able to ride the seven miles to work almost every day from Valentine's Day through Thanksgiving. My motto is that you can put up with almost anything for 20 minutes...

• Thumbsup 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, 1moreroad said:

We've got 1/2" ice in North Mississippi. 

Now that's a special kind of pretty, and a special version of hell. 

Everything here quickly melting off now as tonight will the first night in while with lows above freezing. Our snow will be all gone by this time tomorrow, and then back to 39 and rain for a few more weeks. Then we get 45 and rain, and then 55 and rain, and then 60 and rain. Never too hot here, and never too cold. Never humid. Just lovely. 

4 hours ago, Ride365 said:

So you can drive a car but can't ride a motorcycle?

Only essential travel by bike or car and I live next to where I work so no excuse for me to be out, lockdown is very strict here, lots of fines being issued.

10 hours ago, 1moreroad said:

We've got 1/2" ice in North Mississippi. 

I'll amend my statement to the east side of the southeast then :P

Although the forecasted temperatures keep dropping... Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut. 

• Haha 1

'15 FJ09