• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Multistrada V4

keithu

Hummm you say it followed you home but appears you rode it home 🙂

Congrats on a nice bike.  Know what you mean above 100.  Love my Tracer and don't need the speed but the ZX6R 636 I had was quick and was quicker than the Tracer GT as the speeds get higher.  I guess 10 more HP and lot less frontal area make a difference.  Tech on the bike would be great, would love to be able to set the wheel height and let the bike control it.  Some folks are really good at it - I'm not one of those haha.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, kilo3 said:

Dang that's sharp! Then I looked at MSRP, I'll go hug my tracer now.😁

Yeah, they don't give them away. I got a 0.99% interest rate from Ducati though, which takes a bit of the sting off in this climate of high inflation and rising interest rates. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself. 😜

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, PhotoAl said:

Tech on the bike would be great, would love to be able to set the wheel height and let the bike control it. 

Yeah, I suck at wheelies too so I'm pretty interested in this. Gotta get through this break-in period.

• Thumbsup 1

41 minutes ago, keithu said:

Yeah, they don't give them away. I got a 0.99% interest rate from Ducati though, which takes a bit of the sting off in this climate of high inflation and rising interest rates. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself. 😜

Congratulations!! Very nice upgrade. After reading the entire thread.. FWIW I have a friend who owns a 2012 pikes peak and he says that he has had no issues worth mentioning after 10 years of hard riding. He said that Ducati still suffers from a bad name while they are actually really well made these days. 

And great deal on the interest. 1% is like they are giving you money, inflation is a real thing.

Edited by petshark
  • Thumbsup 3

• 1 month later...
  • Supporting Member
7 hours ago, keithu said:

* I should not have complained so much about the FJ-09 bodywork. Ducati only uses three different fastener types compared to Yamaha's six, but the interlocking panel puzzle is a nightmare.

I'm finding the same thing with my newly acquired VFR, the FJ/Tracer is a breeze to perform maintenance on in comparison.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

20 hours ago, keithu said:

* Air flow is much smoother, but the stock windscreen was too short for me. I installed a taller screen from CalSci and the cockpit is now a great place to sit even in foul weather.

A well designed fairing plus a well designed windscreen makes for a great riding experience! 

• Thumbsup 2

'15 FJ09

Congrats!  I owned a 2018 Multi and it was one of the best motorcycles I ever owned and the handling was amazing.  I love the new V4.  Best part is the valves are not desmo and the adjustment intervals are 37K miles!

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
On 3/7/2022 at 7:43 AM, CRFan250 said:

Best part is the valves are not desmo and the adjustment intervals are 37K miles!

The long service intervals are a plus. But I'm already sure I won't try to do the valve service myself, and I shudder to think what it will cost. I had the Ducati dealer do the 600 mile service and it cost more than my first motorcycle. 🤪

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 4/1/2022 at 11:34 AM, 2and3cylinders said:

Are you keeping your FJ?!

Probably not. For above five minutes my wife expressed some interest in riding it, but she has since retracted those statements. So I'll probably put it for sale here in the next week or two.