H-D Pan America

keithu

• Premium Member

This bike is going to get people into the dealership. There’s a lot of folks interested in it. I hope it is a hit and gives HD the shot in the butt it needs. 

• Thumbsup 6

Let’s go Brandon

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Waldo Jeffers said:

It looks like a muppet character if you ask me. MO. 

Muppet from the side, Cylon from the front. 

+1 on not buying the first model year of HD or Ducati or KTM or my Toyobaru, etc...

• Thumbsup 1

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

FWIW. My wife, who rides, said, she can't see ever buying an HD because they are now so affiliated with white supremacists and rednecks. I take the latter personally since I come from a long line of Arkansas rednecks. Please don't attack her. She is speaking to the niche HD has worked so hard to create, and will have a very hard time shaking. They've sold a million bikes to that ethos, and though they know it is a dwindling market, they can't afford to turn into Honda. I fear they will not go far enough to drop or augment their Sturgis image to attract young and let's say, more urban customers. People buy things, in part, to join groups. Why do people drive Teslas? Not only because they are about the best cars on the road, but to belong. How many new buyers want to belong to the HD crowd? Time will tell. 

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, Waldo Jeffers said:

It looks like a muppet character if you ask me. MO. 

Fair. But have you seen every other ADV bike? Or for that matter, the new Tracer 9 GT? 

I think we all just need to accept that all the beautiful bikes have already been made. We have entered the Brutalist era of motorcycle design. 

• Thumbsup 4

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Salish900 said:

How many new buyers want to belong to the HD crowd?  

I don't think your wife is off base here. There is definitely baggage to go along with the H-D name. Is it fair to the company? Probably not. But it's there. 

Let's just say if I were to buy one of these things I probably wouldn't attend any "runs" with the pirate crowd. 

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Salish900 said:

FWIW. My wife, who rides, said, she can't see ever buying an HD because they are now so affiliated with white supremacists and rednecks. I take the latter personally since I come from a long line of Arkansas rednecks. Please don't attack her. She is speaking to the niche HD has worked so hard to create, and will have a very hard time shaking. They've sold a million bikes to that ethos, and though they know it is a dwindling market, they can't afford to turn into Honda. I fear they will not go far enough to drop or augment their Sturgis image to attract young and let's say, more urban customers. People buy things, in part, to join groups. Why do people drive Teslas? Not only because they are about the best cars on the road, but to belong. How many new buyers want to belong to the HD crowd? Time will tell. 

🙄

• Thumbsup 2

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

2 hours ago, keithu said:

Fair. But have you seen every other ADV bike? Or for that matter, the new Tracer 9 GT? 

I think we all just need to accept that all the beautiful bikes have already been made. We have entered the Brutalist era of motorcycle design. 

Can we agree the KTM is the worst. I like how FortNine calls it something like design vomit. 

• Thumbsup 2

Just been watching a video clip with the pan America specifications highlighted and while I would probably never (no make that never) buy one I hope it does well for the brand. To be competitive in today's world a manufacturer has to have a wide range of products to suit a wide sector of buyers. One point that made mr sit up and pay attention was the adaptive ride height of the new bike it drops the suspension two inches as you come to a halt to let you get your feet down. Now that is clever.

• Thumbsup 2

I really like it. I really hope it does well. In a few more years, when I am ready for something new (I get bored sometimes...), it will be at the top of my list. The specs look great, no valve adjustments, and unparalleled dealer support are huge pluses in my mind. I think it looks pretty good in the solid colors (black, charcoal, dark green - which we don't have in the US), and compared to the BMW, KTM, Yamaha, and even Ducati options, it looks very clean. The only similar bike that I like is the Triumph Scrambler 1200, which is a gorgeous bike. 

• Supporting Member
23 hours ago, sterlinggold said:

Nice preview video 

Good video. Have to admire how H-D stuck their neck out like this into the segment, and with a pretty solid offering, at least on paper. Still... a little agricultural looking, with a face only a mother could love. Most ADV bikes aren't beauty queens anyway, and in the end it's the adventure part that matters. Really wish them success with this one. The thing deserves a test ride.

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif