Tracer 900/MT-09 ECU flash in Europe

I'm also looking for an ECU flash in EU. I found some local places but they only do custom tunings on a bench which cost 3 times as much as a standard flash and I'm just looking for the bike to be a bit smoother going on and off throttle.

Woolwich will sell you a kit so you can do it yourself - i havent used it but would have thought it would be more than adequate for improving fuelling, removing any 'holes' in fuelling for emissions and for deleting altering functions in the ECU.

Thanks for the replies indeed I found a couple of tuners but due to lockdown they are far from me atm and not sure how much they charge.

The best alternative is to get this and do it myself but it is a bit expensive at 360euros or 429  with VAT.

I am surprised Dynojet has no dealers in Greece to sell power vision

Power Vision 3 Flashmodul zur Abstimmung und Optimierung der...

I've had my ECU flashed with the flash from Ivan's Performance Products. Ivan has a partner in Greece who can flash your ECU if you are in Europe (his name is Samios (Samios Motorsport)).

I do recommend him, the price was around €330 if i remember correctly. This is his website: https://ecu-flashing.com/

Samios is also active on Facebook.

Edited by jaspermt
  • Thumbsup 1

Thanks for the reply but the question is why pay an one time ECU flash 330 Euros when there is Smart Vision 3 worth 399$ to flash it on our own unlimited times and keep it as analyzer also?

17 minutes ago, commando said:

Thanks for the reply but the question is why pay an one time ECU flash 330 Euros when there is Smart Vision 3 worth 399$ to flash it on our own unlimited times and keep it as analyzer also?

What is Smart Vision 3 - got a link?

11 hours ago, commando said:

The main reason why i decided to get it flashed once is because the reviews were very promising. And Samios/Ivan has a policy that makes it possible to send your ECU back and get it flashed back to factory without charging money (only shipping ofc).

You will get a good product without doubt, and flashing it yourself with that piece of equipment does probally come with some consequences.

• Supporting Member
12 hours ago, Merciless said:

With 300-350€ you do a custom ecu flash in athens...why you want to duy something else... The best for your moto is to do a custom flash..

I think they are all "close-enough" types of tune. One would only hope they (Ivan, DynoJet...whoever) dyno a donor bike that is mechanically in close spec to yours. If your bike is far off that reference spec, then the tune may not be as effective. I think there is value in having the ability to flash the bike yourself, anytime you want and without losing riding time. It may be that other tunes are better, but who is to say that they really are. Cost-wise... ship it a few times and it becomes a bit of a wash.

Edited by piotrek

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

On 3/2/2021 at 1:46 AM, smeller said:

I'm also looking for an ECU flash in EU. I found some local places but they only do custom tunings on a bench which cost 3 times as much as a standard flash and I'm just looking for the bike to be a bit smoother going on and off throttle.

A good option here, if you just want to tamper down that twitchiness on/off throttle, is a Booster Plug.  It plugs in alongside the air intake temperature sensor, and causes the ECU to read air temp colder than it is, so smoothly results in a slightly richer mixture.  They're inexpensive, work surprisingly well, and can be installed (or removed) in like 5 minutes.  

It ONLY impacts the F:A mixture at idle, low RPM, and under hard acceleration.  This is because in these situations, the ECU just calculates the F:A mixture based off the fueling maps, throttle position, and air temperature.  Once you're cruising, the bike uses the O2 sensor to trim the mixture, so cruising fuelling is unaffected.

The major impact of this change is that the bike will be MUCH smoother going from idle (zero throttle) to some amount of throttle, and also will run MUCH smoother at low speed and low RPM.  I found that stock, my 2019 GT was very difficult to ride smoothly at low speed (think school zone speeds) without it being kinda jerky/lungy unless I was basically riding the clutch all the time.  After plugging it in, nice and smooth low speed travel no problem. 

IIRC it's about $80USD, and has the upside of no danger of violating the warranty, while flashing the ECU *may*.  Because it's so easy to remove, you can simply disconnect and remove it in 5 minutes should you ever need to have warranty work done. 

Edited by Wintersdark