Recommendations for a Quiet Slip on Header

chris whitman

Hello!   Ive got a 2015 FJ09 i just bought from a young gentleman who upgraded the exhaust system and its quite loud.   He may have cut the exhaust to get this Two Brothers Exhaust header to fit it?     Can someone recommend another header i could use in its place that would be quiet vs this one?   I really preferred the stock sounding muffler!   any advice would be appreciated !

Custo0m Muffler (2).jpg

Not to sway you away from a stock exhaust, but have you considered ordering the PX1 insert for the 2 Brothers series?

I had a 2 Brothers slip on, on my old '07 gsxr 750. I put in that insert and it quieted it down signifigantly. Cheap, convienent and easy to install. Dare even say it lowered it to stock sound levels or at the very least pretty darn close.

just a thought, unless you're set on going back to stock.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
6 minutes ago, taylormade21 said:

Not to sway you away from a stock exhaust, but have you considered ordering the PX1 insert for the 2 Brothers series?

I had a 2 Brothers slip on, on my old '07 gsxr 750. I put in that insert and it quieted it down signifigantly. Cheap, convienent and easy to install. Dare even say it lowered it to stock sound levels or at the very least pretty darn close.

just a thought, unless you're set on going back to stock.

Same here.  On my previous bike I had a Two Brothers slip-on and used the PX1 power tip.  The straight through exhaust with no insert was just way too loud, with the insert installed it had a nice rumble but was not obnoxious at all.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
14 minutes ago, chris whitman said:

Awsm!  I will try the px1 power tip!  There is a metal ring where the tip would insert, does that stay there with the px1 tip inserted?

Its been almost 5 years since I had my Two Brothers and there are several different models, so I'm not immediately familiar with the metal ring you are referring to, a picture might help.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

On March 2, 2021 at 7:20 PM, chris whitman said:

Awsm!  I will try the px1 power tip!  There is a metal ring where the tip would insert, does that stay there with the px1 tip inserted?

Is the metal ring kinda wavy in nature? If so, I believe that's the "gasket" that prevents to insert from rattling and moving around.

Out of curiosity, are you sure it's a slip on and not a full system?

It's hard to tell by the pictures, but it looks like there are springs from the exhaust connecting to the pipe? And based on a stock system,  a slip on would need a connecting mid pipe right? (Also, I didn't think 2 Brothers made a slip on for the FJ))

Yes the metal ring is wavy!  I now have the x1 insert and its cut the sound back enough to not wake the dead or nearby neighbors.  However it still growls and I like the way it sounds . The Px seems to have done the trick. 

As for the slip on, I'm not sure of the details , I'm too new at this. I can provide some pics.  I did take the chrome slip on off removing the 2 tension springs and a support bracket to clean it.

I so appreciate the good advice here!  You guys have given me a solution that works!

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1