Help! I can't find a riding boot in 16 Extra Wide!

Aran

It's only been a problem for sixteen years now, I ask every new community I interact with, nobody has been able to help me.

Alpinestars size 50 are definitely not the answer.

Oh, man!

That's a seriously big number, I thought I had problems finding US13-14. Maybe contacting the manufacturers directly and ask for a special order? Where are you located?

11 hours ago, Aran said:

It's only been a problem for sixteen years now, I ask every new community I interact with, nobody has been able to help me.

Alpinestars size 50 are definitely not the answer.

Have you tried contacting the manufacturers directly?  If they're available *at all*, usually you can get a lead on how to get ahold of them directly from the manufacturers customer service.  They'll either sell them to you themselves, or they'll be able to help you help a local shop order them.  

12 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Have you tried contacting the manufacturers directly?  If they're available *at all*, usually you can get a lead on how to get ahold of them directly from the manufacturers customer service.  They'll either sell them to you themselves, or they'll be able to help you help a local shop order them.  

They very politely tell me they can't help me but check back later! (Later they tell me they can't help me)

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Unfortunately you're probably stuck with wearing boots that aren't motorcycle specific, such as Red Wings. My son wears 17 4E and footwear is always a problem. He was a soccer player in HS and from age 12-17 his shoe size kept up with his age. Soccer cleats are simply not made above size 15, so when he hit 16 he started wearing football cleats. 

He wears Red Wings for work (plumber) so I know they're available in larger sizes. It looks like Danners are also available up to size 16.

• Thumbsup 1

I don't envy you!  I wear a 14, and that is tough enough to source, but my son is a 16 and those are orders of magnitude harder to find. Best of luck with your search!

*Quick question:  Have you checked with Tourmaster?  I have a pair of their boots in 14; not sure how big they go.