About to launch...Get the hell out of town!

Salish900

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Salish900 said:

Well, my body is back home, but my spirit is somewhere still in the Gorge...know what I mean in more ways than one? 

IMG_2612.thumb.jpeg.a989235ff2441c3d32eebcfc36f96aeb.jpeg

P3130017.thumb.jpeg.bb62aa7502607a9f1b1385e8d2c4aefa.jpeg

I have lived here most of my life and the terrain and scenery STILL leave me in awe.

I absolutely love the Columbia River Gorge and ride it several times every year, almost as often as Spirit Lake Highway to Johnston Ridge.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

52 minutes ago, betoney said:

I absolutely love the Columbia River Gorge and ride it several times every year, almost as often as Spirit Lake Highway to Johnston Ridge.

I hear you. Some places call us back again and again. I'm more this way with places we go by boat, in the San Juan's, and especially up in British Columbia. I've never done the ride you mention above on Spirit Lake, but have always known I need to spend more time around Mt. St. Helens! I regret I have but one life to live...

• Supporting Member
28 minutes ago, Salish900 said:

I hear you. Some places call us back again and again. I'm more this way with places we go by boat, in the San Juan's, and especially up in British Columbia. I've never done the ride you mention above on Spirit Lake, but have always known I need to spend more time around Mt. St. Helens! I regret I have but one life to live...

With the beautiful weather we had recently, I rode up to White Pass on Thursday and Spirit Lake Highway on Friday. 

There is a TON of snow up there but the roads were clear and dry with no sand.

image.thumb.png.513460cd485521f85fdbc450043978b7.png

image.thumb.png.16b268c8ee39a90aec24453d560778d2.png

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, betoney said:

With the beautiful weather we had recently, I rode up to White Pass on Thursday and Spirit Lake Highway on Friday. 

There is a TON of snow up there but the roads were clear and dry with no sand.

image.thumb.png.513460cd485521f85fdbc450043978b7.png

Wow that's a hell of a snow bank right there!

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

@Salish900 Looks beautiful, thanks for the write up....man I can't wait for the borders to open up.

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

1 hour ago, knyte said:

@Salish900 Looks beautiful, thanks for the write up....man I can't wait for the borders to open up.

I keep saying the same thing. I'm just seriously hoping that come June or so, the borders open as the infection rates and vaccination rates get better. I have to really wonder how the little businesses in the Inside Passage are doing without all the influx of American boats spending cash there. I wonder if the Canadian government is also doing a lot of direct subsidy of businesses? Towns like Nanaimo, Powell River, and Campbell River, get a lot of tourists normally. 

19 minutes ago, Salish900 said:

I keep saying the same thing. I'm just seriously hoping that come June or so, the borders open as the infection rates and vaccination rates get better. I have to really wonder how the little businesses in the Inside Passage are doing without all the influx of American boats spending cash there. I wonder if the Canadian government is also doing a lot of direct subsidy of businesses? Towns like Nanaimo, Powell River, and Campbell River, get a lot of tourists normally. 

There's some, but I suspect there's a lot of businesses that are really struggling now.  Lots of closed up businesses everywhere, and I'm not in a touristy spot at all.  

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, knyte said:

man I can't wait for the borders to open up.

Agreed, I have never been to Canada on a bike. I would love to start exploring B.C. And Alberta. 

• Thumbsup 2