New GT owner in Michigan

Thought I`d drop in and introduce myself. My name is Matt and I live in the thumb area of Michigan north of port huron between jeddo and croswell. I just replaced the concours 14 I totaled on a deer last year with a Tracer GT. I was not hurt. I like to ride to northern Michigan and also like to dual sport. If anyone is ever looking for some company on a ride, hit me up.

• Supporting Member
27 minutes ago, Mioffroader said:

Thought I`d drop in and introduce myself. My name is Matt and I live in the thumb area of Michigan north of port huron between jeddo and croswell. I just replaced the concours 14 I totaled on a deer last year with a Tracer GT. I was not hurt. I like to ride to northern Michigan and also like to dual sport. If anyone is ever looking for some company on a ride, hit me up.

Welcome to the forum, several others on here -myself included- have totaled previous bikes due to a deer strike.  Glad you made it to another bike and to ride another day.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Hello.  My name is John Garbarino.  I just joined the forum a few minutes ago and plan on purchasing my 900GT today or tomorrow.  I am transitioning from a Triumph Trophy SE.  Essentially a sport touring bike like you.  

I am located in Grand Rapids, Mi.  I too like to ride up North, specifically in the Copper Harbor area and Ontonagon (Lake of the Clouds).  I ride there every 3 years.  Otherwise I take off from cottage in Baldwin on Big Star Lake.  

You can reach me at 269-720-4020, jgarbarino@parker.com.  

Thx

Garby

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, Mioffroader said:

I just replaced the concours 14 I totaled on a deer last year with a Tracer GT.

"Effin Hoofrats!"  Someone had to say it.  😉

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

5 hours ago, Garby said:

Hello.  My name is John Garbarino.  I just joined the forum a few minutes ago and plan on purchasing my 900GT today or tomorrow.  I am transitioning from a Triumph Trophy SE.  Essentially a sport touring bike like you.  

I am located in Grand Rapids, Mi.  I too like to ride up North, specifically in the Copper Harbor area and Ontonagon (Lake of the Clouds).  I ride there every 3 years.  Otherwise I take off from cottage in Baldwin on Big Star Lake.  

You can reach me at 269-720-4020, jgarbarino@parker.com.  

Thx

Garby

Thanks John, I know the area by Baldwin you visit a little bit. We used to keep a seasonal trailer at twin oaks campground in wellston so we'd get down towards Baldwin snowmobiling. We keep it in wolverine now. Thanks for the number. Mine is 810-662-5679. mattstaci1995@gmail.com 

Take care , Matt

16 hours ago, peteinpa said:

Welcome! I didn't total a bike on a deer but did waste $1000 in plastic on one and stayed upright.

I was lucky I stayed up too. I like to say I made out better than the deer!

On 3/12/2021 at 2:44 PM, Mioffroader said:

Thanks John, I know the area by Baldwin you visit a little bit. We used to keep a seasonal trailer at twin oaks campground in wellston so we'd get down towards Baldwin snowmobiling. We keep it in wolverine now. Thanks for the number. Mine is 810-662-5679. mattstaci1995@gmail.com 

Take care , Matt

Appreciate the reply.  I will keep you in mind. thx

On 3/12/2021 at 10:15 AM, duhg said:

"Effin Hoofrats!"  Someone had to say it.  😉

How ironic.  I am replacing a Triumph Trophy SE from a deer I hit last August with the 900 GT.