Tracer GT Sidestand

The reason I ask what bike is I went to the web site and the model # listed is Tracer 700. Kept searching and the foot for the '20 Tracer 900GT is $42.09 with delivery April 6-27 from Uncle tiger - US, but it must be coming from overseas somewhere like China maybe.

15 hours ago, Gakaza said:

I have the same issue. I ordered a cheap Chinese made foot stand enlarger (adds about 3~5 cm height and 1.3 times of the original foot stand size) but the manufacture was poorly made and couldn't fit at all.

I'm considering something more expensive but not so expensive, any suggestion?

PS: GIVI's foot stand enlarger looks decent, but its like freaking $40~$50 USD without shipment fee...

I bought the Givi first, I'd avoid it, it's weird.  It's completely flat rather than wedge shaped, so when the stand is deployed only the inboard edge of the thing contacts the ground and the rest is canted up at the sky - if that makes sense.  I replaced it with one of the Chinese feet on eBay and it's much better, it's lays flat against the ground.

Edited by Clem Fandango

2 hours ago, TomTracer said:

The reason I ask what bike is I went to the web site and the model # listed is Tracer 700. Kept searching and the foot for the '20 Tracer 900GT is $42.09 with delivery April 6-27 from Uncle tiger - US, but it must be coming from overseas somewhere like China maybe.

2019 GT. Sorry I didn't state that. If you click on link and look at reviews, mine is the one that states it fits 2019 GT perfectly.

Weird, yeah it leans a bit more, but man that makes it so easy to park on cambered roads  at the curb... I would MUCH rather have the bike lean too much on a side stand than not enough and be able to be knocked over easily by wind or someone bumping into it.   I guess I dont see the big issue with the side stand.   I do have one of the foot plates on it but mainly to spread out the force... I also have some larger plastic plates for soft dirt/sand parking.   The lean angle seems pretty solid to me when parked. 

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
12 hours ago, Gakaza said:

I have the same issue. I ordered a cheap Chinese made foot stand enlarger (adds about 3~5 cm height and 1.3 times of the original foot stand size) but the manufacture was poorly made and couldn't fit at all.

PS: GIVI's foot stand enlarger looks decent, but its like freaking $40~$50 USD without shipment fee...

They must not all be made equally, my eBay version -about $18-20- fit perfectly with zero issues and has been bomb-proof. Maybe try a different version?

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

The very cheap (about £5 or £6) sidestand extender posted direct from China had one major issue for me. The base plate fitted perfectly under the sidestand foot but the retaining top plate did not fit over the sidestand. You only get what you pay for and at that price I didn't mind too much having to take a hacksaw to it and removing enough of the top plate to make it work. It's been on for a year and a bit now and works well.

13 hours ago, Gakaza said:

This Chinese one worked just fine for me. 

Just be careful torquing down the screws, the you need a metric hex key that is NOT worn.  And use threadlocker.

• Thumbsup 1

6 hours ago, Skidood said:

This Chinese one worked just fine for me. 

Just be careful torquing down the screws, the you need a metric hex key that is NOT worn.  And use threadlocker.

I have one similar to this, but a different brand and different looking for my 2019 tracer GT model. Perhaps I'll try order another one and see how it goes, hmm...

Thanks for the feedback though, knowing that at least someone had it working.

My bike came with this one:

1RC-F7311-00-00-MT-09-SIDE-STAND-EXTENSI

MT-09 Zijstandaard verbreder - Voor uw Yamaha Model Name

It does not say MT-09 on mine. I actually had no idea that it is another original Yamaha accessory and just did an image search on google to find out. This was a demo bike and the dealer loaded it to the brim with extras. (led blinkers, heated comfort seat, tank bag, topbox with backrest, radiator cover, tank pads, ..)

I'm very happy with it and I use in on the gravel in my driveway every day. If I was shopping for one I would not spend 70€ on such a simple thing though.

Edited by petshark

Petshark, that stand is different in that the side to the left that would face away from the bike is thicker than the side to the right. That wedge shape would correct the toe in the air problem some cited earlier. That it the problem that make the bike feel unstable when you put weight on the foot peg. Shows Yamaha knows about the issue. A little more metal on the end of the bike stand also could take care of that instability at least on solid ground like my garage floor. Thanks for posting that image. Wish I could read German (?) NONE of the aftermarket foot plates I see on the 'net are that wedge shaped and why they all still give that nose in the air. 

7 hours ago, TomTracer said:

Thanks for posting that image. Wish I could read German (?) NONE of the aftermarket foot plates I see on the 'net are that wedge shaped and why they all still give that nose in the air. 

It’s Dutch. 🙂

I tried to find an English listing and found it on EBay:

s-l400.jpg

Extra convenient when using the optional...

The part number is 1RC-F7311-00-00

• 3 weeks later...