• Supporting Member

Here is a simple fix for the mirror issue on the Niken with hand guards installed, especially if you like the traditional install location. The left side of the Niken has a normal mount for a mirror like those on the Tracer, the right side does not. You can pick up a M10X1.25 Master Cylinder Clamp Mirror Mount For Yamaha on ebay for $17. You can also pick up some Motorcycle Mirrors For Yamaha MT09 on ebay for $35. My pics show the end result, however I have not tightened them down as I wish to extend the mirrors and plan on also purchasing Yamaha Mirror Extenders for MT09 Tracer 900 900GT.

Mirror Stock 4.jpg

Mirror Stock 3.jpg

Mirror stock 1.jpg

Mirror stock 5.jpg

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • Supporting Member

Sent an inquiry to WeiserTechnik.com regarding their two-in-one lights that act as turn signals as well as auxiliary lights. 

Weiser Extreme EVO LED Lights for Motorcycles - Weiser Technik

While they don't have one for the Niken I submitted a request via their custom requests. Will post what I hear. 

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member

I intend to replace the mirrors with LED spot lights and use the lights on my hand guards as turn signals. Below are my plans for 'Mirror Delete Block Off Plates' which I will use to mount my spot lights.

Basically draw a rectangle measuring 80mm x 50mm. Put a 24mm diameter circle (size of a US quarter) in each of the top corners and a 45mm diameter circle bottom center. Drill 6mm or 1/4" holes in the small circles for the two bolts and a 10mm or a 3/8" hole in the large circle if you need to run wires to spot lights or smaller turn signals.

Picture shows my template in tin, heavier version to follow.

Ideally I would like to replace the mirrors with a 3in1 light that would act as turn/run/fog but can't find anything like that.

Niken Mirror Delete.jpg

Mirror mount.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

Since I was able to re -route the front turn signal wires back towards the bars I'm thinking of trying some bar mounted mirrors with turn-indicator and running lights. Found some KiWAV Lucifer Neat Stem Sequential Mirrors that look good.

From Marie at KiWAV....

And yes the mirrors are compatible with most Yamaha motorcycles.
Could you kindly help to verify if your mirror mounts are 10mm clockwise threaded and anti-clockwise threaded?
The mirror itself are clockwise threaded on both left and right side mirrors, but we include a pair of adapters to convert them to 1 clockwise and 1 anti-clockwise threads.

Here is the dimensions drawing and 1:1 real size PDF for your reference. Please help to check if they are the good size for your bike.

For wiring, there are 3 wires, one for ground, one for the amber led and one for the white led. You can connect the amber and white led how you'd like.
You can have them both for running light or both for turn signals. Or one for running light, one for turn signals. It's pretty flexible. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

Installed Kiwav mirrors with running lights and sequential turn indicators on the bars. These 'Lucifer LED Neat Stem Mirrors with Sequential Effect' are excellent. Took them out for a ride 1 hour before sunset till dark and they work great in all lighting conditions. No glare from trailing cars and the clarity is hard to beat. I installed the bar mirrors on a pair of 'MT-09 mirror riser extenders' and see much less of my shoulders than on previous Yamaha's with bar mirrors.

You can unplug the stock mirrors via the stock Yamaha blinker connectors. I had and old set of pumpkin blinkers from which I used the wiring to hook up both the Kiwav mirrors and my hand guard running lights to. Now everything is plug n play should I ever decide to go back to the stock mirrors.

Wires connected with Kuject Solder Seal wire connectors, a heat-gun and shrink tubing. Yamaha connectors also available on eBay. Handguards with modification to brackets are from a 2017 FJ-09 with Dzell lights purchased on ebay. The Dzell lights can be stand alone running lights or blinkers, and come in white or amber.

Niken Wire colors:- Turn indicators - Brown / Green, Running - Blue, Ground - Black.

Neighbor said I looked like a Christmas tree coming up the road,,,,,, mission accomplished.

Kiwav Lucifer Neat Stem Sequential Mirrors

Light Upgrade.jpg

Lights at Night.jpg

Connectors.jpg

Light Upgrade 3.jpg

4001230697646.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
  • Supporting Member