Adventure/Touring Jacket with a Little More Length

Jayzonk

Hey Everyone, 

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck finding a touring or adventure jacket that's a little longer than standard.  Most of them are about crotch length, but I'd rather have something that has a bit of a longer cut, coming down an extra couple of inches.  

Thanks, 

J

• Supporting Member
37 minutes ago, Jayzonk said:

Hey Everyone, 

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck finding a touring or adventure jacket that's a little longer than standard.  Most of them are about crotch length, but I'd rather have something that has a bit of a longer cut, coming down an extra couple of inches.  

Thanks, 

J

Check manufacturers sizing, (or call Revzilla - great customer support) for example, some offer XL but also XL-Tall (Tourmaster sizing chart).

Tourmaster Advanced Jacket - Black/Black - XXL Tall

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Jayzonk said:

Thanks.  That's for sizing, but I'm primarily looking for a jacket with a longer cut, regardless of size.  

Exactly...  Tall = 2" longer cut regardless of size.

For sure, I could try a long instead of a regular, but, in general, I wish the styles would go back to a longer cut.  I also wish that the manufacturers would leave the apocalyptic look alone and go back to more simple looking stuff.  

Styles have changed.  I have a jacket from 2008 and it is definitely a different cut from something you would buy today.  

It is possible to have a longer motorcycle coat if the bottom of the coat has a flap so that it can separate when you sit down.  

stormer-trials-field-tan-wax-cotton-motorcycle-jacket.jpg

• Supporting Member

@Jayzonk - While I don't like the styling at all of the above jackets, the length is every bit the same as the winter 'adventure-style' jackets I currently have or that are commonly available.  Are you looking for a jacket that even longer than those pictured?

• Premium Member

6'1"  ~200lbs

Firsgear Kilimanjaro 

20201025_183427.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member

Look at jackets from Belstaff, Spidi, and Joe Rocket "tall" jackets like @betoney said.  Some RevIt jackets run a little longer.  Give www.newenough.com (yeah, I'm old and still use that website) a check and look at the sizing comments.  Definitely don't look at Klim.