New top case

On 4/6/2021 at 6:00 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

Between my barn door screen and my wide girth next inline, how can could my SH46 BEHIND me add significant wind drag?!  Really, vs a SH40? Get real.  Loaded, top heaviness it does add but much less aero drag than my SH36 panniers in their 3P mounts.

You put your bike through a windtunnel to know all that?

I'm sure @Warchild was being facetious in their response. The honking case looks like ass on the bike. Please spare your engineering and form over function lecture.

It's ok for someone to have a different opinion than you.

41 minutes ago, roadwarrior said:

The honking case looks like ass on the bike.

Good sir, I believe the correct phrase is "The honking case looks like moist ass on the bike"

Helping... 😁

• Thumbsup 1

My bike came with a Shad 3 box set. I only use the side cases for touring but the SH39 topbox is on all the time Initially I felt it was too small but a re-arrangement of the stuff I usually have in it worked out and I like the look of it on the bike. I'm a function rather than form sort of person.

Shad 39.png

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, HGP61 said:

My bike came with a Shad 3 box set. I only use the side cases for touring but the SH39 topbox is on all the time Initially I felt it was too small but a re-arrangement of the stuff I usually have in it worked out and I like the look of it on the bike. I'm a function rather than form sort of person.

Shad 39.png

+1 same same rationale

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, roadwarrior said:

You put your bike through a windtunnel to know all that?

I'm sure @Warchild was being facetious in their response. The honking case looks like ass on the bike. Please spare your engineering and form over function lecture.

It's ok for someone to have a different opinion than you.

Even when trying to be self deprecating I get flak.  You don't need a wind tunnel to know 6 more liters shouldn't increase drag significantly. Must one preface everything with an "IMO"?!  In this case I never said anything about engineering or aesthetics vs effectiveness. Whereas you don't really know me, others that really do realise I'm always interested in other opinions and that I try to offer more insight, or "added value". Specifically here with my comment regarding the effect of mass higher up and farther from the CG.  For me anyway, if I don't learn something every day, I've missed an opportunity.

Why are looks so important to you?  I understand it may have something to do with self-image and how what you ride reflects back on you. However, I learned as a child not to care too much about what other people said about my appearance as long as I maintained minimum hygiene standards.  Maybe what we have here is a generational thing. I'm a "child of the 60s", which were revolutionary and about getting past appearances and improving who you were inside and what you could contribute in different ways than the norm.  They also were about breaking down long standing predudices, freedom of expression and introspection. Emphasizing life being about tolerance without being thin skinned, or too thick skinned.

If still believing in such things in other's opinion makes me old, so be it.  But IMO, those of mine and later generations, especially so in the last several years have become much more intolerant, shallow, selfish and full off themselves.  However, I know my limitations and try to fess up to my foibles.