My NEW Tracer 900 update, the good ,bad and ugly.

After considerable thought and some sleepless nights Ive asked the dealer to replace my NEW '19 Tracer with another bike  from their other location.  Being extremely fussy, Id be staring at the gouges and scratches every time I'd enter my garage. Even the engine case was abraded when bike fell in delivery trailer.Tomorrow theyre picking it up and hopefully by Friday I can pick up the replacement. Drove this one 20kms and loved it lol. Will keep u all informed as to what transpires....

• Thumbsup 4

• Supporting Member

Good call, man.  Undo that first scratch and ensure the next one will be your own while you were out somewhere enjoying it, at least :)

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

I agree.. when I read the original thread I was thinking to myself that you were a much nicer person than me. I would have refused delivery on the spot.

Glad to hear the dealer is getting it sorted.

• Thumbsup 4

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Good call!  When you know a scratch is there it can really aggravate you.  That's cool you got to be there when they unboxed it.  You have a great dealer!  Dealer I got my Tracer GT from was fantastic - I didn't have the options you do as I had agreed to purchase the bike, it was the last Tracer GT they had and I rode 250 miles to trade.  Oh I was 1,400 miles from home at the time but so excited about getting a Tracer GT.  I had wanted one for a while and when my bike broke on the second day of a 17 day trip I was ready to trade for sure.  LOL canceled my reservations, spent 6 days in Grand Island Nebraska got parts and fixed my bike then rode 250 miles and traded then road 110 more miles to where I was staying.  I noticed scratches on my sidecase lid when I was about to load it up.  At that point I had a new bike which otherwise was perfect and a few scratches weren't going to stop me :-)  they swapped out the 1st service cost so I was happy.  I came back 3 days later and had the 600 mile service done.  

I dropped my Kawasaki ZX6R 636 one time.  Sitting at a stop sign in the left turn lane, fella came from the right and was going to cut the corner.  He tightened his turn and went to my right, I jumped off to get out of the way and couldn't hold it up and fell down.  I have video of it!  My wife's comment about my bike - "it's ok now it has scars like you"  she was referring to scars from heart surgery and to repair a shattered kneecap.  Nice sentiment but didn't make me feel any better :-)

• Thumbsup 2

I now had to drive to my summer cottage yesterday and meet the rep to pick up the damaged bike.   This time he wisely tied the back of the bike down as well .    My replacement is being brought from another of their locations and supposedly will be ready Saturday. Had enuf- its a holiday long easter weekend and I would like the bike I paid for three weeks ago!

Just got the call this am (sat)Replacement  . bike arrived from sister dealer 200kms away.  Was never PDId and this location has no mechanic today!  Always a suprise.  Lost another weekend and pissed!

• Sad 2