My NEW Tracer 900 update, the good ,bad and ugly.

On 3/29/2021 at 10:51 PM, PhotoAl said:

My wife's comment about my bike - "it's ok now it has scars like you"  she was referring to scars from heart surgery and to repair a shattered kneecap.  Nice sentiment but didn't make me feel any better 🙂

Back in the day I had a Honda CB400N with Moriwaki 425 pistons, Moriwaki cam and pipe, K&N rear shocks and I was bullet proof on board. It ran both speedo and rev counter off the clock.

There was a new suburb near us with beautiful roads and no houses and we used to go and "race" on weekends, I had Pirelli Phantom tyres on the bike and the footpegs were worn down to about an inch long from dragging in corners. Invincible!

One day I threw it into a right hander, the peg folded but when the peg mount hit the road it lifted the back tyre and down I went. I slid on my ass and right hand, luckily wearing Bates shorty leather gloves but I had a roastie the size of a side plate on my ass as my jeans weren't up to the task.

My wife (then girlfriend) was first to the scene of the accident and she said "that will teach you" before walking away.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, andz said:

Back in the day I had a Honda CB400N with Moriwaki 425 pistons, Moriwaki cam and pipe, K&N rear shocks and I was bullet proof on board. It ran both speedo and rev counter off the clock.

There was a new suburb near us with beautiful roads and no houses and we used to go and "race" on weekends, I had Pirelli Phantom tyres on the bike and the footpegs were worn down to about an inch long from dragging in corners. Invincible!

One day I threw it into a right hander, the peg folded but when the peg mount hit the road it lifted the back tyre and down I went. I slid on my ass and right hand, luckily wearing Bates shorty leather gloves but I had a roastie the size of a side plate on my ass as my jeans weren't up to the task.

My wife (then girlfriend) was first to the scene of the accident and she said "that will teach you" before walking away.

Sounds like a great time until ...  I think of all the stupid stuff I did as a kid and teenager and amazed I made it to adulthood.  Well my grown kids might disagree.

Well she did keep you :-) 

• Thumbsup 1