Driver backrest?

I accidentally found a comfortable backrest for my 2015 FJ-09.  I travel on extended 1-up trips with Givi bags and a trunk fixed to a rear rack.  I was heading out for a few days and expecting to see some rain so I added a full size rain cover to my usual gear.  The rain cover fits in a zip up bag and it fits nicely on the pillion seat pressed against my trunk.  The result is the rain cover makes a very comfortable back rest.  Next time I'm all loaded up, I'll get a photo and share.  

I may not look the coolest loaded up this way, but it is very comfortable.  Sometimes unplanned things like this result in the best discoveries.  

Ride Safe!  

6 hours ago, YamaGeezer said:

I may not look the coolest loaded up this way, but it is very comfortable.  Sometimes unplanned things like this result in the best discoveries. 

On one of our previous tours my two friends and myself had roll top bags fixed on the pillion seats and we all commented at some point during the tour how nice it was to lean back on the bags. (picture below is pre-Tracer days but one bike is a yamaha so hopefully it don't offend to much)

DSCN0889.JPG

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

That is a good idea. I actually have a Wolfman Luggage waterproof duffel from my dual sport trip days that I am going to strap on the pillion seat, so hopefully that will do the trick as well. Had not thought of that!

Thanks for the suggestions folks.