Something very different...

• Supporting Member

Sharp!

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

NICE!

I've always wanted a speedblock paint scheme for my Tracer.  I've often considered decal kits, but they're spendy and the base grey color isn't ideal.  

I'm loving the red and white, too, classy looking.  

So, as others have asked: Did you do it yourself?  Have it done?  If you had it done, what did it cost?  

Folks, these are not my FJR bags, they belong to the dealer (the owner himself) where I got my Tracer from - and my last 12 motorcycles. So obviously, I have a unique rapport with him.  👍

In turn, he had a painter buddy who did this work, like 17 years ago.  There is no taping or striping; all of this is paint. It is gorgeous, isn't it. They have been collecting dust in his Parts Department for well over a decade, so he is letting me borrow them for a few long runs with Warchild-wife this summer.

I hope I am able to give them back to him... I may not be able to. 😆 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've been mulling over doing some sort of paint on mine.  One of them has some scratches on it.  Same scheme would look good on the Tracer GT covers I think.  I'm fond of Spray max 2K paint.  If I were to do this it would be white and tape off color blocks and paint red the sand the edges of the color block and spray whole lid with SprayMax 2K clear which is super hard and very glossy.  Not super easy but don't think that difficult.  But first my wife has me painting stuff like the house!!!!!