Brake Switch recall

So I picked up the 2020 Tracer and I knew it needed the brake switch replaced as does my FJR. The dealer just called and said the switch is in for the Tracer and I can drop off the bike if I can leave it for 1-2 days. So how long has it taken others to replace the switch. 1-2 days seems a bit much. I feel one day would be enough. Drop it off in the morning and pick it up in the afternoon.

They did mine while I waited.  Was about 30 minutes from the moment I handed over the keys and walked away to when I picked it up, most of which I assume was spent getting the bike up onto a stand in the shop and bring it back out.  

Probably around a 15 minute job tops.

6 hours ago, craz1 said:

Thats what I was thinking. I know the FJR will take a bit more time

The FJR switch connects up in the front cowl, runs toward the LH side, under a removable panel once the windshield is off. 
Did you get your transmissions shafts replaced yet?

-Skip

9 hours ago, skipperT said:

The FJR switch connects up in the front cowl, runs toward the LH side, under a removable panel once the windshield is off. 
Did you get your transmissions shafts replaced yet?

-Skip

Mines a 2013 5 speed transmission so Im good. I will defiantly remove all the stuff on the FJR. Don't want this dealer breaking anything since I have worked on the FJR more than there mechanic has.

2 hours ago, chitown said:
21mt10Matte-1200-01.jpg

Yamaha is recalling numerous models for a problem with the front brake...

Yup I'm aware of it, but with any past bikes I've owned I did receive a recall or tech bulletin in the mail.......nothing as of yet for this.

I got a letter in the mail a couple of months ago.  Talked to local dealer, they ordered the part and when it came in I went by and they put it in in an hour - that's how long I was there not how long it took them.  Looks good and have had no problems.  I would check with your dealer.

1 hour ago, PhotoAl said:

I got a letter in the mail a couple of months ago.  Talked to local dealer, they ordered the part and when it came in I went by and they put it in in an hour - that's how long I was there not how long it took them.  Looks good and have had no problems.  I would check with your dealer.

I did they said 1-2 days. I will tell them they have 2-3 hours.

I got mine fixed last week. Actually late last summer my 2019 Tracer cruise control was flaky and it was due to my rear break light staying on. It seemed to happen more at higher speeds. I asked the dealership to check it when they were doing some maintenance but they found no issue. So, I am was happy to see this recall and now my bike is all fixed!