My Tracer Turn Signal Mods

I didn't like the look of the stock Tracer turn signal so after much research I decided to go with 12 O"Clock Labs turn signals and replacement flasher. Made in the US. Replacement lenses available! They are very bright. I ordered the optional Yamaha connectors so no cutting and soldering. The flasher is plug & play. Front running lights still work and there is an optional connection for rear running lights. I connected them to my Aux fuse block. Easy instal. Front panels come off easy. You need to remove the press fittings to separate the panel to get at the turn signal. I used a small screwdriver for that. When reassmbling I use a 8mm socket to press them back on. It's easier to remove the rear turn signal mount completely to replace the turn signals. Theres 3 connectors- left & right signals plus the license plate light. Then 4 nuts to remove under the seat. Don't lose the small spacers! On all the turn signals I used a little blue loctite on the threads.

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2704.jpg

• Thumbsup 7
  • Like 1

http://shop.12oclocklabs.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=38&product_id=160 -2 Sets

In the drop down-Order WR250X/R Front and Rear OEM connectors

Fixed Rate Turn Signal Flasher

if you want it to flash at a normal speed. You can use the OEM flasher but it blinks pretty fast.

They supplied me with the turn signal adapters but you should mention that in the notes when you order. They block off the large holes left by the old signals. Just don't over tighten. Use loctite.

If your not sure just call them-nice people to deal with.

Edited by Mattf
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

I did the same on my FJ-09 but used a TST industries flasher module instead. While the 12oclock AATS turn signals flashed at the appropriate rate the green indicators on the dash did not. I was ordering a brake light modulator from TST so picked up their flasher relay as it is cheaper than 120'clocks. 

On the motorcycle model drop down select Yamaha for the AATS turn signals and they will come plug n play with the Yamaha connectors already.

http://shop.12oclocklabs.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=150

Fix your bike's hyperflash or no flash problem with an easy to install, direct...

Here is the brake light modulator if interested...

Upgrade your Yamaha OEM tail light with improved safety, style, and 3...

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
24 minutes ago, Mattf said:

My indicators flash at the same rate. No problems there.

Of course the 12'oclock led indicators have built in flash rate control, and maybe your '20 has something above my '17 but my green dash indicators flashed really fast with the stock Yamaha flasher relay, even though the LED indicators flashed at a normal rate. 

I wonder if your dash indicators would have flashed quicker also if you hadn't installed the 12o'clock flasher relay with the turn signals?

Now you will have to consider the Dzell Knuckle Guard Kit   😁

I am about to go down this exact path while the bike is down for painting,,. starting today, April 2, 2021  👍

I went with the Rizoma Vision Sequential Turn Signals.. these babies are pure Road Sex!   🔥   🔥   🔥   🔥   🔥  

rizoma_vision_sequential_turn_signal_1800x1800.thumb.jpg.6e667a5c8c129d3c68c27ab48ffbf826.jpg

• Thumbsup 4

• Supporting Member

I fitted 12'oclock Labs flashers to my GT a few months ago. Very happy with them. Highly recommended.👍🏻

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

50 minutes ago, Clem Fandango said:

My 12oclocklabs signals also didn't play nice with the TST variable relay.  Switched to a generic LED relay from Amazon and all was well.

I saw your post on that and bought a relay on amazon before I got my 12oclocks as well, turned out my tst relay worked just fine.

Edited by kilo3

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, kilo3 said:

I saw your post on that and bought a relay on amazon before I got my 12oclocks as well, turned out my tst relay worked just fine.

I can add a vote for the TST relay. As long as we are talking about the TST 2 PIN LED FLASHER RELAY GEN 2.