2020 Tracer GT Accessories coming soon to classified

9 minutes ago, Rick123 said:

Thank you. I couldn't have put it better myself. 

There really is something to be said about initial impressions. I have had lots of bikes, and I have loved and adored every single one except two. The first was an FJ1200. I bought it without riding it, and on my way home I thought "why did I do this???" It was ok, but there was something about it that wasn't quite right for me. I kept it for a couple of years. I rode it exclusively for a year trying to figure it out, but I started riding it less and less, and I then I realized it was never going to fit me, so I sold it. 

The second one was the FJ-09. On my test drive I kept thinking "this isn't what I thought it would be". But I had ridden 4 hours to get it, made arrangements with a friend to help shuttle it, so I felt like I had to get it. I've put 15k miles on it, and while I really like it, I don't love it. Unlike the FJ1200, the FJ-09 does put a smile on my face, but I've never really burst into spontaneous giggles after a particularly twisty section.  

The gut feeling I had when I first rode it still sticks to this day. In retrospect, I wish I'd said to the seller "thanks, it's not for me" and kept looking. There's probably a better bike for me out there, and I knew that on that first ride. 

• Thumbsup 1

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

2 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

I'm pretty sure @Rick123 wasn't trying to be a dick there, he was just curious as to the motivation behind the decision.  Off topic for the thread, sure, but it's not a crazy question, particularly given it's a bike specific forum.  He wasn't demanding Shizzle justify his decision - people move on to other bikes all the time for an infinite variety of reasons.  It's not that unreasonable a question, either, as it's not every day people buy a bike and trade it in so quick so doing so usually implies a pretty strong reason.  I mean, I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of curious too.   I did it myself, going from an MT07 to the Tracer - and for me, it was just that while the MT07 was stupid fun to ride, I just couldn't deal with the physical size issues.  

Anybody's business?  I mean, again, bike forum.  We're largely here to talk about bikes in general and this one in particular.  So we do that.  Curiosity!  

I agree - I really was not trying to throw darts at @Rick123 just trying to soften the conversation a bit.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, Skidood said:

Does anyone know if a 2020 seat will fit a 2019 ?  

2019 and 2020 bikes are identical.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Hi Guys,

I must be very different hahaha. and OLD.

I take months sometimes, and ask owners etc all about the bike I am interested in.

Plus would NEVER buy a bike without a TEST ride as we are all different.

And can honestly say at 74 years old, never bought a bike that I did not like.

But have REGRETED selling a couple that I should have kept.

Love my Tracer 900 GT, and it is the slowest bike I have had for 40 years. 

Cheers

Edgar Jessop.  U.K.