What's a new Niken cost in your country?

maximNikenGT

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, quaxum said:

Oh. We have something called the COE (Certificate of entitlement), which is only valid for 10 years. It is to curb the vehicle ownership in our small city. So at the end of a 10th year, we will need to scrap the vehicle.

Understanding COE

All vehicles in Singapore require a COE. To register a vehicle, you must first place a bid for a Certificate of Entitlement (COE) in the corresponding vehicle category. A successful COE bid gives you the right to own a vehicle that can be used on the road for 10 years.

Wait - so you're required to scrap the vehicle after 10 years? Not just resell??? I can't even imagine that passing here in the USA. There are so many cars on the road that are well over 10 years old...and the fact that you're required to scrap them after 10 years would be fought by so many automotive collectors (comedians and very avid car collectors Jay Leno and Jerry Seinfeld would not take that very well at all since their car collections are in the 100+ range).

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member
14 hours ago, biggo said:

The Niken engine has a heavier crank and different fueling . The differences I feel are its far more tractable at low speeds not quiet as frantic as the motor in my tracer. The Niken is also slightly lower geared to compensate for the extra weight. The CP3 motor is a peach in both bikes just some different characteristics. The Niken is also 3 years newer so likely refined from the earlier CP3

I haven't ridden the other CP3 motors, but the one on the Niken is wonderfully set for its weight and I feel plenty fast without having to disengage traction control and/or going to riding mode 1 (max settings). For reference, my prior bike was a 2004 BMW R1150R.

For comparison purposes, the BMW R1150R specs:

HP = (85hp/62.5 kW), torque (98nM/72 ft-lb), 1/4 mile in 12.5 sec. 

compared to the Niken GT:

HP = 115HP/83.9kW,  87.5 Nm/64.5 ft-lb, 1/4 mile in 11.25 sec. 

While my horsepower was way higher on the Niken GT, my torque was marginally lower especially given the huge difference in displacement (1150cc vs. 849cc). No question that the Niken GT is much more efficient than my old '04 R1150R, but I forgot how much of a truck the stump pulling R1150R was in terms of sheer torque from its high displacement Boxer engine., even with 15 years difference in engine tech. 

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

59 minutes ago, maximNikenGT said:

Wait - so you're required to scrap the vehicle after 10 years? Not just resell??? I can't even imagine that passing here in the USA. There are so many cars on the road that are well over 10 years old...and the fact that you're required to scrap them after 10 years would be fought by so many automotive collectors (comedians and very avid car collectors Jay Leno and Jerry Seinfeld would not take that very well at all since their car collections are in the 100+ range).

Yes. After 10 years you will have a couple of options.

1.Which is to scrap is as mentioned

or

2. Renew the COE for another 10 years. (so its a never ending cycle of 10 years renewal) therefore the vehicle is never truly yours per se

or

3. Renew the COE for 5 years (you will have to scrap it after the end of the 15th year. No more extension will be allowed)

Our vehicles are generally very well sought after in the import/export market as the condition at the end of the 10th year is usually still pretty immaculate.

Yea its sad that we have the most expensive motorcycles/cars and yet its only valid for 10 years so to speak. :(

Edited by quaxum

In Spain oficial prices are 16349 euros for the Base model and 17399 for the GT. There are tons of demo bikes with very low miles for sale for arround 14.000 euros. Mine was  14000  in 2019.  i´m paying 200 euros a month with no interest, 0 euros at the moment of delivery and the option to give it back to the dealer in 3 years.

https://www.milanuncios.com/anuncios/yamaha-niken.htm?fromSearch=1&orden=caros

• Thumbsup 2

• 5 months later...