First 200 km.

Just thought it was interesting that after putting 200 km on my brand new Tracer , the chain slack was out of tolerance.  Manual says maximum "allowed" deflection is  1.77 inches, mine was exactly 2 inches.  Yet it was probably no more than an inch from the showroom as I recall. Chain break-in, I suppose...

Also, I found that front compression and rebound damping settings as specified in the manual for "normal" setting gave too much damping, hitting manhole covers and other small bumps seemed really jarring,  so I have them both dialed down to about 30% of the maximum damping and I'm pleased with the results.    Front spring preload is around 40-50% as I recall.

One thing I have noticed is that my full face helmet restricts my view of the display, I have to angle my head downwards in order to see if I left my blinker on!.  I find this a bit annoying but of course it's not the bike's fault.....

Finally, soon I will be mounting some cool little white LED strips on the handlebar wind protectors, along the bottom edge, they will function like daytime running lights.   They are pretty bright but will be angled downwards somewhat and I can also reduce the intensity with a resistor wired in. 

Anyway, carry on, cool bike people.

Edited by Skidood
  • Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

If your worried about the chain take it back and have the dealer look at it. I run mine on the loose side. 
Did you get a 2021?

Let’s go Brandon

On 4/8/2021 at 9:11 PM, Skidood said:

Just thought it was interesting that after putting 200 km on my brand new Tracer , the chain slack was out of tolerance.  Manual says maximum "allowed" deflection is  1.77 inches, mine was exactly 2 inches.  Yet it was probably no more than an inch from the showroom as I recall. Chain break-in, I suppose...

Also, I found that front compression and rebound damping settings as specified in the manual for "normal" setting gave too much damping, hitting manhole covers and other small bumps seemed really jarring,  so I have them both dialed down to about 30% of the maximum damping and I'm pleased with the results.    Front spring preload is around 40-50% as I recall.

One thing I have noticed is that my full face helmet restricts my view of the display, I have to angle my head downwards in order to see if I left my blinker on!.  I find this a bit annoying but of course it's not the bike's fault.....

Finally, soon I will be mounting some cool little white LED strips on the handlebar wind protectors, along the bottom edge, they will function like daytime running lights.   They are pretty bright but will be angled downwards somewhat and I can also reduce the intensity with a resistor wired in. 

Anyway, carry on, cool bike people.

Mine was “loose” twice in the first 6-800 miles, haven’t touched it since (other than to wipe it down/lube it/check the slack) and now rapidly approaching 6000 miles...hope this helps. 

Mark

First time I checked mine was at a little over 2,000 miles.  Bought bike on a trip put 6p0 miles on it in 3 days had service done and then road it home.  Don’t know if dealer tightened chain at 60p mile service or not but it was loose when I checked it,.  Not bad but I tightened it to the loose side of spec.  I like my chains loose but not way out of spec.