Calgary Owners

jarjarinsano

From Yamaha, I ordered the following with the bike:

- hard luggage (not installed as I am using the soft side bags)
- gps mount
- additional DC outlet
- LED signals for front and rear (Custom LED signal relay to slow the flash rate)
- fender eliminator (who knows when it will show up so actually bought the Yoshimura eliminator)
- rim stickers
- carbon fibre rear fender
- carbon fibre side bolt covers.
- Originally ordered the Yamaha grip heater but changed that to the Oxford system as they had them in stock and got some good reviews from the staff.

I started ordered additional accessories from the U.S. but the exchange rate and shipping was killing me so started sourcing locally for stuff like the levers, exhaust and power commander. Price seems consistent or even less when considering the exchange and shipping. Do know that I am spending way too much on accessories just like always...

How do you find the soft bags?  Curious once you get the hard bags how they compare.  I've never owned hard bags before but the 1600 they want for them in Canada hardly seems worth it.  I found a website in the states that has the whole kit for about $800

Anyone interested in purchasing the hard luggage? Looks like in the US you can get everything you need for about 1000. With exchange you're talking about 1200 bucks which is way cheaper than the quote I got from the dealer. I figure maybe if we get a few people interested in going, we can call a shop tell them we want a couple of sets and get them to give us a volume discount? I can get everything set up if you guys are interested.

I almost installed my hard bags today then realized that the soft bags will be more than enough for me when coupled with the tank bag. I paid 1410.15 for my hard luggage with the cases, hard mounts, rubber mounts and the 3 piece lock set. If someone in Calgary is interested, I will sell them for $1300.00. The only things that are installed are the 2 locks.

I am in downtown Calgary every day and could bring them in with me or you could come out to Chestermere and install in the garage then ride home, your choice.

If you are interested just send me a PM.

Moderators - did not post this in items for sale due to other posts in this thread.

I almost installed my hard bags today then realized that the soft bags will be more than enough for me when coupled with the tank bag. I paid 1410.15 for my hard luggage with the cases, hard mounts, rubber mounts and the 3 piece lock set. If someone in Calgary is interested, I will sell them for $1300.00. The only things that are installed are the 2 locks. 
I am in downtown Calgary every day and could bring them in with me or you could come out to Chestermere and install in the garage then ride home, your choice.

If you are interested just send me a PM.

Moderators - did not post this in items for sale due to other posts in this thread.

I would be curious to come check out how the soft bags are vs the hard bags. Now that you say it's not worth the money, I am curious to see for myself.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm a Calgary owner as well, rocking the matte gray. I have the touring seat, hard cases, and heated grips all from Yamaha. No complaints on any of them, I prefer the textured feel of the touring seat and I was looking for hard cases since they're what I've always been riding with. 

Archived