New phone mount and a cable question

Just got a quicklock (Quadlock) mount and set it up in the middle of the handlebar on a 2019 Tracer, fits perfectly and out of the way.   Also got a usb charger for the aux on the left side.  Does anyone know of a short USB to lightning connector cord that would hold up well and reach without being all over the place?

Edited by Danielblue
added brandname

• Supporting Member

I’ve been using a Titan Power cable for a couple of years on the FJ, and so far it’s held up well.   The 90 degree cable end is really helpful to avoid interference with the plastic trim around the fuel tank.   

I have the 18” length, and use the same setup you have:  USB outlet left of the dash, and iPhone dead center on the bars between the clamps.   I usually just make one loop around the bars between the clamps, and the length works perfectly.   

lighter

Avoid frustration from broken iPhone...

• Premium Member

In my experience using the OEM cigarette power plug can be a failure prone.  I installed a dual QC 3.0 2.5 A USB / Volt Meter in the unused right bracket (you need to enlarge the hole slightly) as back-up with a USB cable, and use a RAM X-Grip type mount with a hard wired power supply that comes with waterproof USB cables.  Or if you have a SAE plug to your battery you can use one of these.

s-l400.jpg

Range of use: It can be used on vehicles, motorcycles, ATVs...
s-l400.jpg

Motorcycle Cover waterproof Heavy Duty for Winter Outside...

I can't find the X-grip mount with separate power supply I use on the FJ but use this on one of my other bikes.  They keep my Galaxy S21 fully charged using waze and music.

s-l400.jpg

- Compatible Devices for All kind of Smart Phone with 3.5-6...